outline rig????

Colin W

Reaction score
reading about this rig in one of this month 's carp mags , AS USUALL they come out with a rig ive never herd of called a outline rig BUT dont show it or say anymore about how to make it ,has any one got any tips about this rig????...thanks ...colin.

C

Cakey

I think its what we call the double overhand back twice with a follow through british foundation rig !

jayjay

Reaction score
ok mate an out line rig is a set up that dumps your lead or float its done so that when the fish takes your rig it ejects so the fish cant use it to its advantage ie getting u snagged so thers no escape fishy ha ha/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

dumps 5ozs of lead in your lake every time you get a run ??

saves filling it up with water I suppose

jayjay

Reaction score
I know mate does sound abit dodgy im not 100% my self but did come from good souce ummmmmmmmmmm

F

Frothey

its done so that when the fish takes your rig it ejects so the fish cant use it to its advantage ie getting u snagged so thers no escape fishy

i thought it was so they could charge you another £1.50 for a lead every time you caught a fish?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I have used this in very snaggy water, but I attach a stone or pebble with an elastic band rather than lose a weight every time.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Cakeys favorite rig is the "Silent nite rig" what ever he uses it has the same effect. LOL

Colin W

Reaction score
at last cheers lads ..TL ...col./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[cheers jay jay].

Gordon Westlake

Reaction score
We were using a version of the outline rig in the seventy's at Longfield. ask those that were there when the pool was drained about the buckets of lead that were taken from the top of the bar's. Our rig consisted of a long week link to match the longweeks you had to wait for a bite, when you had a run it was the zebra muscles that cut you off at the link"IF YOU WERE LUCKY". /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifGordon.