New look forum!

Joey

Reaction score
I used to but it's all in the mind now./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

captain carrott

Reaction score
ere if you put ignore member on does it totally remove all the things that they say from your view.

captain carrott

Reaction score
he's another old git that don't like change that's what it is.

i can't wait for ron to get back on here and see the changes.

B

Bill Cox

Does the job i suppose so not really to put out by it. But just for information could someone tell me WHY????

tinca steve

Reaction score
FISHING ? All i can find is comments on poo, tur*s, sh*te,etc. Where's the fishing , FOUND IT !!!!! Its a post about sywell-- great place pity i'm working that weekend .

W

Wolfman Woody

I definitely DON'T like that idea of ignoring posts from a member.

What's the point? He might be saying soemthign about you and because you've chosen to ignore them you'll never know what he's said. It's like going to a rugby match and when they get in that there scrum and start whispering you have no idea who they're talking about.

No. Take it away. If someone offends me I'll tell the moderator and let them deal with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<blockquote class=quoteheader>captain carrott wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

he's another old git that don't like change that's what it is.

i can't wait for ron to get back on here and see the changes.</blockquote>

See what I mean.

J K

Reaction score
I quite agree Woody. It's not just offensive comments, how can you follow and take part ina debate if one or more posters comments and opinions are missing?

Also what's happened to the "new" symbol that used to show in the main topics section indicating new posts from the last visit?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I think the point is being missed. The 'ignore member' is an option. Those that don't like it don't have to use it.

In theory an option should please everyone; both those who want it and those who don't.

Curiously, in practice it rarely does.

It's like most of the new bells and whistles we've upgraded with in recent months, they can be switched off. You can even go right back to a non html message box. But we still have those who moan about it.

Somebody explain to me how those who don't want something can still moan when they don't have to have it?

Regarding the 'ignore member' option, if I wasn't the site editor/forum moderator, with a responsibility to keep an eye on all the forum,I can think of one or two posters I'd like to switch off. I usually ignore their side of any debates anyway, so the only difference it would make is to make it easier for me to ignore them.

And that's the idea behind all the forum upgrades - just to make things easier for those who want it.