Harrisons tackle

Andy M

Reaction score
After several <u>weeks </u>of eagerly anticipating a new rod, I receive the message below!! This is NOT service. Harrisons no more for me. /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Anyone know where I can get the rod in question?? Dear Mr Menz,We are no longer able to supply the Fox Dave Kelbrick Finesse 6'6" as Fox have now discontinued this product.Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.Kind RegardsHarrisons Tackle Ltd

L

Laurie Harper

Try a few other Fox dealers. I don't see how Harrison's are to blame if the manufacturer has withdrawn the product.

F

Frothey

thats a bit harsh...... as has been said, maybe they've tried to source one. If they really didnt give amonkies, they wouldn't have bothered replying.

what did you want them to say?

Andy M

Reaction score
If they did not have it available, why were they advertising it? It didn't say subject to being able to source one. If they were trying to source one - why not tell me?? Finally it would have been smart to suggest an alternative that comes close to the specs of the rod I wanted. Must say you guys are very tolerant!

On a more positive note Tackleshop UK have provided excellent service.

S

Stevie 12345

Im with Andy M on this one, if they advertise the products on the websites then it should be available, its a simple stock versus supply issue.

I've had similar experiences were I have ordered several things online to find when delivered there is only a fraction of the items Ioriginally ordered.

Deanos

Reaction score
I agree Andy and Stevie, until some of the Internet angling outlets learn a great secret called "CUSTOMOUR SERVICE"...and actually being honest about stock levels intead of blatantly lying as happened for me, they deserve all the flack they get and more!

TFG....great service past and present, thank you, a loyal customer.

As for the "other firm" (staffed by the gold silver and bronze winners of the thickest village idiots ever to run an angling outlet) who buggered me about for a month before even admitting none of the things I ordered were in stock...God help anyone who runs a business like you...I wouldn't trust you with a school tuck shop!

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
Harrisons are the ONLY onlineor mail ordertackle shop that I use and have NEVER had a badexperience with them from well over 200 transactions!! If a mistake has been made such as they sent the wrong item, then I have been told to keep the incorrect item and they will send the correct item free of charge, nex day delivery (even Saturday delivery)! Even faulty items have been replaced on a trust basis in that the replacement has been sent before they recieved the other item back.

It is simple to sort things out if you really want something. Harrisons have a FREEPHONE number to call. Takes a few minutes to call, speak to Stewart (the owner), and he will tell you if they have it in stock. If they don't then he will call you back after ordering or finding out availability of the item.

I will point Stewart to this thread, but blaming them for trying to get you a product that has been discontinued by the Manufacturers is rediculous, especially Fox! Fox are the WORST company in the industry for getting products from. From PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, Fox will tell the retailer that the item is in stock, and when it doesn't arrive, the retailer will call them up and ask where it is only to be told it is on the way. What has probably happened is that the order has been placed and Fox have told Harrisons that the item will be sent to them & then turned round and told Harrisons at the last minute that it is now discontinued & their order has been cancelled.

I suffered NINE MONTHS of beingfaffed aroundby Foxwhen I was managing a tackle shop (with a perfect account status with Fox)with an Evolution Bivvy (for myself)when they were FIRST launched, before finally cancelling the order and opening an account with Nash Tackle & recieving a Viper in 3 working days (Nash took a shelter from another order and made sure I got it as they went out of stock literally as soon as the order was submitted, but because it was a new account they did not want to lose it).