Twynersh Fisheries

N

Neal Cooper

Does anyone have any tips for fishing at Twynersh Fisheries in Chertsey? I fished there on the weekend and went home without even a bite.

J

Jon Shoreman

I have fished there (I live in Staines). What are you fishing for, which lake did you fish.

NB I have only fished for pike there.

G

Gordon Scott

Hi, Neal
Together with Martin Porter, I'm a PAA coach at Twynersh, so I do hope I can help you.

First, it's worth bearing in mind that conditions last weekend weren't too clever, a big influx of cold water (Twynersh pits are fed from the River Bourne) and air temperatures were also dropping, so I'm not too surprised you had a grueller. Unlike a lot of commercial stillwaters Twynersh isn't 'fish soup' there's a more natural stocking of fish, including some very big ones.
Pit One (on the left as you drive in) is probably the most productive lake, it holds lots of carp to mid teens, roach, tench, perch, rudd, etc. All the usual baits will work, under these conditions I think I would have fished maggot, either on the float or feeder for whatever came along. If I contacted carp I might have tried a method feeder, usually a winner here. You may have seen Martin and I fishing there in the Angling Times 'Where To Fish' section the other week. All the carp shown were caught by us, mostly on the method.
If you want more advice, email me direct.
I hope that has helped,
Gordon

N

Neal Cooper

Firstly Jon I fished lake 3 and used live maggots and carp pellets as was suggested by the staff at Apollo.
Gordon - thanks for the advice.

Neal

dan duddy

Reaction score
i uasually fish pit 3 and have recently had "baby bazz" out at 33.2. YEEE HAWWW. i was over the moon!!! any way i always use a glugged richworth K-G-1 fished over a range of different sized trout pellets with hemp and maize for extra visibility and flavour. This soon done the trick for me after just 4 trips to the lake including 3 upper twentys to 29.9 and several teens. I WILL BE BACK!! Dan Duddy.

p.s good luck mate.

dan duddy 2

Reaction score
i uasually fish pit 3 and have recently had "baby bazz" out at 33.2. YEEE HAWWW. i was over the moon!!! any way i always use a glugged richworth K-G-1 fished over a range of different sized trout pellets with hemp and maize for extra visibility and flavour. This soon done the trick for me after just 4 trips to the lake including 3 upper twentys to 29.9 and several teens. I WILL BE BACK!! Dan Duddy.

p.s good luck mate.