Chocky,mmmmmm

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Chocolate flavour in groundbait ?

Sounds interesting, but shoul I add raw cocoa powder (expensive), drinking chocky, or what?

Wonder if anybody on this forum can help,hmmmmm-------

B

Baz Chaz

I'm just getting back into maggot drowning and this season I'm going to experiment with flavourings in groundbait, started off last year with mini halibut pellets and scopex, moving on to molasses and tutti fruti for starters this year. Will wait with interest to see how your choco bait gets on /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Oh aye, and after an aricle, going to be trying rasins as well as sweetcorn /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Ged

Chocolate pellets as loose feed for carp, fished with pineapple or tutifruti as hook bait.

Also caught plenty of bream with chocolate pellets on the hook and as loose feed.

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Cheers boys, I'm like you Baz, I'm just getting back in, and just went to horse feed supplier, 5L molasses---£5. hehehe. Will post if chocky g/bait works---

Chocky pellets? Hmmmm, I like doing my own pellets, MUST try that----, I already catch on my home made pineapple.

B

Baz Chaz

Horse feed supplier £5 for 5ltr molasses, must try and get some at that price /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Then a big bag of vitalin /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

would think that should make excellent method feeder 'fuel' and general basic groundbait /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
You're spot on Baz------, good basic stuff. Almost ALL local animal feed merchants will do £5 molasses, and big bags Vitalin as well, trust me-----, along with hemp at less than £1 a kilo, and lots of interesting stuff. Have a word with them, anglers are common customers at these places, they'll be happy to tell you what anglers buy from them,mmmmm, SECRET ingredients, lol

B

Baz Chaz

Due to imminent crap weather approaching. ie snow, I nipped off to Asda this morning to get the shopping instead of the usual Saturday run with the Mrs(more brownie points for fishing when weather gets warmer /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

when I was wandering through the storeI recalled seeing in a recent angling magazine, some powder additives to put in with your maggots, to get rid of the ammonia smell, can't remember exact price..........

but Asdas own "Angel Delight" type stuff, strawberry/vanilla/banana etc flavourings @ 5 for a quid has got to be worth a punt/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
I use maize meal, and change it every couple of days, that sorts smell . If you want em to smell like they got aftershave on ( nice in other words), the little cookchef bottles of liquid flavouring( cakemaking section Asda ) eg, almond etc, only need a couple of drops in box, about 40p ( saving you 60), and will last ages as your only usin couple of drops each time /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
The angel delight can go a bit sticky Baz, I just dare anyone who hasn't tried it to give geranium oil a go on their maggots, because it does work, is cheap AND....a big tip now!

after you have made the car stink like a fat blokes gusset after he has run for the bus with your nets, a couple of drops on a paper hankie gets the pong away better than the crap stuff in car air freshener.

Get the natural oil...not a man made substitute these are crap!

B

Baz Chaz

brilliant, there's a touch of alchemy andchemistry about what you can add to your baits, love it, bet theres tons of stuff you can use/get straight off the supermarket shelves.

makes you wonder at times though, all these expensive products in the fishing shops, are they there to catch fish......... or the angler /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
Sensas used to make a chocolate groundbait many years ago called 'tilt'. Was very effective, but for some reason they stopped making it.

Baz, Sainsburys own brand 'dessert whip' is 8p per sachet = more than double the amount for the quid.

Tom, there is no such thing as a 'secret ingredient' as you can almost guarantee plenty of anglers will be using it as well.

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
It was tongue in cheek and I completely agree /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif, there will be blokes with nowt better to do than think of stuff to use

tinca steve

Reaction score
In my match fishing days (20+years ago) i used to put geranium oil in with my maggots for roach waters as they seem to love the stuff, and i still use it for going after the big ones !

B

Baz Chaz

<blockquote class=quoteheader>TOM SAWYER wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>It was tongue in cheek and I completely agree /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif, there will be blokes with nowt better to do than think of stuff to use</blockquote>

and thats all part of the fun of fishing/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

but I draw the line at splashing it all over with 'Brut' /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Baz, I luv experimentin so I'm not arguin lol. One or two people on here have mentioned geranium,hhhmmmmm------

Reaction score
Baz, I luv experimentin so I'm not arguin lol. One or two people on here have mentioned geranium,hhhmmmmm------

Each to his own I say, no judging here, but ive heard a lot of that goes on in Mackam country so I dont think your the only one/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif