THEY WORK!

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
I tried these for the first time (the Mini sized) at Woodlands Waters in Lincolnshire. Target species were the large tench and bream in the Match Lake. Hair rigging these bites (they are about 10mm in size) on a size 12 Kamasan B911 and fished with a method feeder and fishmeal and riddled Plumrose groundbait, it didn't take long for the fish to respond.

The bites are contained in a glug which smells 'fishy'. I'm not sure whatthe glug is (I wish I knew!) but it certainly works. A string of tench to just under 7lb and bream to about the same size followed with the odd small carp to 6lb thrown in. The meat is pale in colour and quite firm which means it stays on the hook well. It smells vaguely like catfood, probably due to the glug, and it may well be a good substitutefor cat meat on waters where that bait is banned.

Finally, don't chuck away any leftover bait. Putthe meat, and glug, in an airtight container in a cool place and it will keep for a week or two. Or you could always freeze it. Give this stuff a go - I don't think you will be diappointed.

Joey

Reaction score
If it's simialar to the monster meaty chunks it's brilliant. The downside is don't spill the glug onto your clothes because you will never get shut of the smell. I don't know what it is but it smells like foss oil.

The upside is the carp, tench and barbel seem to love it.