Beginner?s Essentials 6 ? Getting Started

kevin elwin

Reaction score
i am a beginner at fishing i have trouble casting can any one give me some advise

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Joey - you should know better

I can forgive Gerry and Kevin - they are new here - but by now you should have worked out that Graham is tighter than a duck arse -

Unless you track down the location of Graham's secret tackle bunker you 've not chance of even a free shot for your line

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
First of all Kevin welcome to the most informative Forum of Lunatic Anglers on the Web. (FLAW) for short /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

What are you trying to cast? (Waggler Float, Feeder)?

Have you got the Spool correctly filled? ( it should be filled to about 1mm away from the lip of the spool )

When casting are you Feathering the line? (by that i mean just before the Float or the Feeder hits the water you dab your finger against the lip of the spool which causesthe lineto slow down slightly allowing your hook length to straighten out there fore reducing tangles)

They're a great bunch on here and very helpful but it does help if you explain your questions a little more precisely so that you can get the most informative and accurate replies. /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

kevin elwin

Reaction score
thanks for your help /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

i may need more line on my spool but i do think my tecnique has a lot to answer for,

i started fishing 4 months ago and only have for fish to my name 2 trout and 2 mirror carp the biggest being about 6lb, i fish in the catterick complex in north yorkshire so if any one cane give me help from that neck of the wood that would be appreciated./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Ok Kevin,what is happening when you try to cast?

Are you using a fixed spool reel?

kevin elwin

Reaction score
first of all the line doesnt go in the direction i wish, i cant get any great distance , my line seems to tangle arond the tackle wether i use ledger or float.

it is a fixed spool reel.