nec(go fishing)

mick rees

Reaction score
Iknow i might be a bit thick(no comment)b ut as i am 60years young i think that £16 quid is a bit much however my g/son who is 15 will he have to pay 16quid? the same as me because the posters say up to 14 go free surely he cant be classed as adult .i might add he is only coming as i need help as i am in a wheelchair

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Checked out the parking fes yet mate? if not i suggest you do before you decide to go.

J K

Reaction score
Mick, book online and you get in for £10 and your grandson for £15. He has to be a registered carer to get in free.

J K

Reaction score
I forgot about car parking, last time I went it was £10 per car

mick rees

Reaction score
i will be going by train so luckily the parking fees wont affect me but the prices seem a bit steep!!! add the parking+entrance how on earth can they warrant it

Specihunter

Reaction score
its not so much angling times that set the charges but the nec who own it its not just 3£10 for us to park but £10 all year long and for how long we are the for £10 isnt so bad compared to most car parks

J K

Reaction score
It's expensive. I can go to the National Boat Caravan and Outdoor show for £7.50 with free parking.

njb51

Reaction score
"I can go to the National Boat Caravan and Outdoor show for £7.50 with free parking."

Only problem with that is.........................you will find yourself at the National Boat Caravan and Outdoor show!! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

J K

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Jonny wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

"I can go to the National Boat Caravan and Outdoor show for £7.50 with free parking."

Only problem with that is.........................you will find yourself at the National Boat Caravan and Outdoor show!! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif</blockquote>

That's right! All the halls in use, to much to see in a day. It was merely a comparison of the costs. The Go-fishing show takes about 3 - 4 hours to get round. Last time I went it was a big disappointment.

Any way why aren't you working? /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

S

Scott Whatmore

I went3or4 years ago. What a rip off. Far too expensive for both the entrance fee and car parking. Travelling costs made it even more expensive

The exhibitors couldn't afford to discount most things they were selling because of the extortionate rent being charged. The demonstrations were crowded and you couldn't hear what was going on.

I wouldn't even consider going again!

Plus point to end with,I met Matt Hayes, thoroughly nice bloke. Talked to us for ages and seemed very genuine.

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gifThat conjures up all the wrong images mate!

Although I have to admit he did have some fine kit on display... /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Specihunter

Reaction score
it was about how he reacts to when he lands a fish and then on how friday night its our time for the tv

Trebor

Reaction score
Mick,

If its anything to compare to last years event then Iwould save your money if I were you. I went on a last moment decision -I should have stayed at home!

If you can find it, there was a thread on the forum started after last years show and if memory serves me correctly, most people (including myself) were very dissapointed. I was left feeling dissapointed because of the following:<ul>[*]Pricey entrance fee[*]Rip-off car parking fee[*]Not much to buy - all the major manufacturers exhibiting like Hardy/Greys, Wychwood etc were just displaying stuff which wasn't for sale. The prices I noticed on major items like rods were nothing out of the ordinary and can be picked up for similar prices locally or over the internet.[*]Lack of major manufacturers exhibiting (no Shimano or Daiwa for example)[*]The show wasn't very big. It only used one hall and you could walk around it all in less than 20mins.[/list]

On a plus side I did stay to watch John Wilson's talk which was entertaining. He even showed some clips from his then yet to be released tv series 'Dream Fishing.'

Anyway, thats just my opinion from last year and this year could be an improvement for allI know. The Chatsworth Angling Fair was far superior but they stopped doing that last year. I wish they would bring it back though...

Cheers,

Trebor

mick rees

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments .I also listened to john wilson and i thought it was good another thing i found was that if you are in a wheelchair(which i am) you really struggle to see whats on the counters fortunately my g/son goes with me so he points out what he thinks i would be interested in

Iain Riley

Reaction score
the show was crap the best bit was having the crack with Matt Hayes and Mick Brown for heckeling them in a nice way though/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif