Photo mat

tinca steve

Reaction score
carpark.jpg

ghost_9.1lb.JPG

You can make a mat just like mine so when you want to take a reference photo all the information is on one snap, length, date (with a camera that prints a date on each snap-i use an optio W20) and if you get yourself a small piece of white board you can put write with a dry wipe pen where + weight .

To alter your own you will need a permanent marker, a measure and a straight edge.

Put a line along the middle first (east to west), then put the nose mark 2" from the edge of the mat about 4" long. Measure 12" then put the rest of the measurement lines 2" apart to the end of the mat.As you can see on the lower mat i have left a gap for the day/date at the bottom.

M

MarkTheSpark

I like that, tinca. Maybe the marks would be better in white though?

tinca steve

Reaction score
Mark , I tried using white lines but they distract from the photo. Yes very easy to see but also get wiped out by the constant wetting of the mat , and have to replace to often .
The black marker stands out just enough to read, and does not take your eye off the fish.

B

Baz Chaz

simple idea........... will be copied tomorrow, cheers/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif