Hello from Holland

nillus

Reaction score
Hello you all, I am Nillus from the Nethetlands and I have found some very helpfull posts on this nice forum. I am a interested in the method feeder and had some good results over here in Holland. Nevertheless I think that it can always be better and who is more experienced than where it is invented !! I hope to contribute to this forum to share by experiences of Dutch fishermen.
Best catch so far : 48 breams in 5 hours competition 620 lbs.
Biggest fish : bream 24.6 inch, tench 22.6 inch
Best statement so far : as long as the heart beats in me, a fisherman it is, that I shall be.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Hello you all, I am Nillus from the Nethetlands

Those must be treble the size of our breams...
48 of our average match size bream would be 240lb...

Welcome to FM Nillus....Pole or feeder tactics....?

jasonbean1

Reaction score
hello nillus, congratulations on the 5 hr match record....by the way i drew denamrk in my pub sweepstake looking good!

nillus

Reaction score
Thought this was quite interesting, do you rate your biggest fish on length rather than weight in Holland?

We do indeed DM. I am living 6 miles from the Belgium border and in Belgium it's all by weight. It depends on which part of Holland you are but in the south you win a competition by length not by weight and I agree that when you catch more then 100 roaches in a competition, which is not extraordinary, it takes to long to measure. I think we must also think about the health of the fish and I prefer therefor to weight them. But I am not making the rules unfortunately. On the other hand you may not have more than 10 breams in your net, so on some of those good days you have 3 or 4 nets to gather all those breams and it's a good camouflage with all those green nets laying in the water :):)

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Hello you all, I am Nillus from the Nethetlands

Those must be treble the size of our breams...
48 of our average match size bream would be 240lb...

Welcome to FM Nillus....Pole or feeder tactics....?

Feeder tactics Peter, more specific method feeder. And indeed you are right about the lbs. Although the breams are a good size overhere , it can never be 620lbs. I had to convert kg to lbs but made a mistake :wh It's 125 kg and internet tells me that's about 275lbs. Apologies for the exaggeration !!!:wh:wh