SHIMANO 1300 XTA POLE

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
This pole gets off to a good start with a low weight of just 908 gms at 13m. It feels nicely balanced in the hand, and comes, with typical Shimano attention to detail, with each section numbered and with an alignment mark on, so you can line up the spine correctly.

Like most poles it fishes best at lengths below the full length, but when its out there, its suprisingly rigid, not floppy at all, and can cope with the big elastics, and the good size fish those elastics are for ! Its a confidence inspiring pole ,and you feel it can cope with anything you throw at it, as opposed to some which feel fragile enough to make you nervous.

There's a nice smooth finish, shipping and unshipping sections is nice and easy,it comes in a very nice tube and Shimano pole bag,and for a good price as well.

I simply dont think there is anything anywhere near as good in it's price range. Its a delight to use, put together in a manner you would expect from Shimano,punches above it's weight,and at around £200 is an absolute steal. I bought one, and if you want top value for your money, YOU should too !!!

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Had to save up for a few months mate ! Dont get the wrong idea and think I can just chuck money at tackle,lol. I live on my own ,house car etc, you /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif MUST be jokin !

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Actually, I'm just thinkin here, if I remember correctly I got it from POINGDESTRES, , 9 post dated cheques, interest free, a GREAT deal for ME !