good service in tackle shop shock!

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Having berated the standard of service that seems standard in retail for our sport, let me balance it with praise. Trafford Angling Centre in Manchester, outshone all its competitors locally in ordering me a rod, the recommendation from the staff was good and balanced. We need local stores like this where you can actually try stuff and discuss it - BRILLIANT!

Paul B

Reaction score
I'd second your praise Paul. Not quite local for me, but i've ordered quite a few items through them and they've always been helpful.Recommended.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Shock horror another one!! ANY TACKLE in Reddish nr Stockport(Gorton Road), small but well meaning, decent bait and bits, you can park outside. This chap understands service unlike many of the anglers turned retailers, worth a visit if you're in South Manchester!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I was in Reid's Tackle on Tuesday ~(Dave Moody's shop at witherington Farm Lakes) where they spent almost an hour trying out every kupping kit they had to find one to fit my new Preston Pole.

In the end they called Preston, twice, to see if they could find something.

Grand service, but then it is always the same in that shop.

Great assistance, very knowledgable people and you never feel 'obliged' to buy anything when you are there.

Usual disclaimer: I have no association with the shop other than as a very happy customer.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I've found Mosborough Tackle in Sheffield to be most helpful, and have put me on a couple of good swims on the Rother

Reaction score
Edgeley Sports - Castle Street. Edgeley, Stockport. Used them for 30 years under both owners - good local shop. (Despite the name it is a tackle shop - good local information always freely given)

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
Good to hear it Paul. All power to their elbows and long may they prosper.

In contrast a conversation yesterday morning in my tackle shop.

R.M "Have you got anycaster that isnt going grey and full of bag burn"?

Shop assistant. "There should be".

R.M "I know there should be but is there, as there rarely ever is".

Shop assistant. "Tee hee chuckle".

Shop owner goes out to look while the knob behind the counter tries to make it look to the rest of the shop like its me thats talking rubbish and I should be happy to pay four quid a pint for stale, stinking,long dead, useless, crap.

Shop Owner. No its all got bag burn Risque sorry. "Im embarrassed by our bait. Quote/unquote.

R.M "Bullshit. It wont stop you ripping the next noddy off that comes through the door wanting caster. Your man herewill still sell it to him knowing full well its useless. If your that embarrassed do something about it".

Risque leaves the shop popular once more.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I can't fault my local (well it's my 2nd home). Great service , bait is allways top quality and anything not in stock they will order it in with the next delivery.