S & J Cane rods

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Hello guys ,just wondering if any of you guys could give feedback on said company.
What are the blanks supplied with is this including everything to build the rod?
Is the 150 pounds extra for the finished article money well spent?
Would you buy one basically fellas.
Thanks Wickerman

nicepix

Reaction score
Don't know anything about this company. But have a look at Chapmans. They offer all sorts of cane rods and building equipment and have been round for years.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I have had a look at chapmans slightly higher price than the s&j rods but I do know they have pedigree like you say.
Thats the one barbel boi its the cheapest I can find but am not sure whats worth what really ,some are 800 or more.
I have looked second hand and am awaiting a richard forshaw heavy spinning rod at eight foot which I hope to use for piking and margin carp fishing and possibly some eel action it looks immaculate and all there so hopefully no cracks .
But it seems the avons and float rods hold good money second hand and you never know if its a good un or not on the internet till you put a curve in it. So it seems prudent to pay a little bit more for a new one saying they are replicas of the old ones anyway.
Does that make sense ?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Must be good if Chris Ball uses the, Im sure he wouldnt recomend them if they were s h i t e.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Chris Ball seems to be well into using old tackle as you say spiders so surely they must be quality and well made ,and his prices seem very reasnable compared to other manufactures.
I tried phoning them yesterday and could not get a response regarding what comes with a blank,I dont fancy buying one then having to shop around for other parts though as thats a bit beyond my skills .If everything is with it I might just take the plunge.
I f anyone else can offer an insight it would be greatly appreciated.