Fishing near St Andrews.

Joey

Reaction score
I am going for a weeks holiday in Scotland in July. I will be staying near to St. Andrews.

I would be very grateful for any information re the fishing in the area ie is it all game or is there any course?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Joey mate, There is great game & course fishing at Loch Leven in Kinross.

Also there,s the Cameron res, Lindores loch & many more. Also there is so meny rivers in the area. Check the web for the prices etc. But remember there,s No rod lic up here.

But Joey I know you,ll love it up here.

So you can let us all know how you got on, when you return home. ST Andrews is a beautifil place.

Joey

Reaction score
Jimmy. thank you very much, your a gem. The last time I fished in Scotland was when I went to Lochmaben on honeymoon some 35years ago and yes I'm still married to the same woman.

I've been up a few times since and have usually gone to Edinborough, lovely place. I'm really looking forward to wetting a line up there again and of course to making sure that the whisky hasn't deteriorated in my absence.

I will most certainly let you know how I go on and hopefully have some good pictures to show off. Once again, cheers mate.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Joey; your going to a part of Scotland which is got the fame,s midge,s, so be prepared for them.

As I said, Loch Leven is one of the best for you to do your game fishing (Brownies)

If its a Hotel/B&B your staying in ask them, if they do a fishing package,might save you some money. As some off them do.You,ll never know until you ask.

Joey

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy, we are staying with a nephew whois in the RAF up there so the hotels etc are not a problem. I'll take heed of your warning about the midges, if I keep the missus close by they may go for her instead of me, I hope.

I will be asking you for some advice on flies when we get nearer to the time.