Little Tinkers!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was told a story today by one of the angling lads at work.
He told me that one of the tackle shops he uses gets quite a few requests by anglers asking if they can have a fake till receipt so they fool their partners into thinking they have spent (a lot) less than they have!
So come on you guys, how many of you lot have fibbed to your other halves about the price of your new tackle?
I have never had to fib to our lass because she has never asked me in the first place, but I don't think she realises just how much some of my gear did actually cost...She would bloody kill me if she knew :eek:mg:

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Mrs S has absolutely no grasp of the cost of tackle,bait,permits etc. or how much I spend on it so I have no need to tell any whoppers. I do feel a bit guilty sometimes because I am married to a completely atypical woman who spends virtually nothing on herself and owns only 4 pairs of shoes [including 2 pairs of boots].She is sort of resigned to the fact that this is what I do though I,too, would get slaughtered if she ever found out the true cost.

bankside

Reaction score
I find the best plan is to leave it in the van untill she goes to bed and
then wazz it into the shed pronto.....works for me!!:)

skullsat

Reaction score
as i've been fishing since the late 60's the mrs knows and accepts the enjoyment it gives me,plus i take my grandkids so i need the extra tackle:rolleyes:,plus i've had some stuff longer than any of my marriages lol,i'm on my 3rd now:D

bennygesserit

Reaction score
That made me laugh , I was on the phone to the bank the other day and they had to verify my identity

"could you tell me where you made your last transaction"

whispered ",,...mmmm nnn "

"where ? "

"Alans tackle shop"

"and the amount ? " .............

ha ha the wife was laughing when she pointed out it was only supposed to be twenty quid but it was funny.

A

alan whittington

My missus g'dad had a tackle shop for about 25-30 years,so i cant fool her,well not much.:wh:cool: