Magazine Subscriptions!!

N

Nathan Ball

I placed an order to get the Angling Times - UK Carp magazine for which i'm supposed to get a free reel. I just called emap (the company that publishes the mag) to enquire as to the where abouts of my reel....They're not sending me one as there are none available but in the latest edition of the magazine they're still offering the reel.

I feel somewhat cheated - personally I think it's Greg's fault!!

Damn you Greg!! /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Cancel your subscription, and demand a refund as the terms of offer have not been adhered to.

My guess is, they charged you for your gifts postage and packing too.

N

Nathan Ball

Fred I just took your advice & they're now offering me the opportunity to get another free gift if/when one is available. I know it sounds really trivial but when your told you'll get something & then it doesn't turn up your gonna be a bit annoyed.

F

Fred Bonney

It's not trivial Nathan.

If companies think they can get away with that approach,they will.

Do not accept, "if/when" keep nagging them.

njb51

Reaction score
And make sure it's a better 'free' gift than the one than the one originally offered!

C

Cakey

they do cover them selves with a "while stocks last" or similar

N

Nathan Ball

But I just double checked the latest magazine - which only came out yesterday - and their still offering the reel when you subscribe.

C

Cakey

the best place to "sign up" Ive found is at a show ....you can barter and walk away with the offer

The Monk

Reaction score
I just took out my annual subsciption with Total Guitar and didnt get a free JEM 7VWH signiture

Joey

Reaction score
Just tell them you are going to report them to the Trading Standards and see what they say.

W

Wolfman Woody

"I know it sounds really trivial but when your told you'll get something & then it doesn't turn up your gonna be a bit annoyed."

First lesson in business - never break a promise!

Unfortunately, not many businesses have heard of this lesson. Makes you wonder how much more they know except for screwing you. (not just AT, most businesses)

The Monk

Reaction score
"Monk - isn't that a super guitar?! "

a super strat, yes i like my Ibanez, thje JEM is a lovely axe, floyd rose rocker, 24 fret, a truely beautiful axe Nathan

C

Cakey

they make a loverly noise when hitting a stack of marshals at 60 miles per hour in pete townsend style

honslow

Reaction score
I've moaned to our subs department and hopefully they'll sort things out to your satisfaction.

F

Fred Bonney

Well done Greg.

I knew there was a reason we let you on here!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Apart from you taking the blame for everything, that is.