worlds worst pike angler

tonyb

Reaction score
Surely i must now qualify for the worlds worst pike angler. I first went pike fishing in 1989 on wollaton park, notts and caught three jack pike. Since then, i have fished for them on and off, probably about 30 times in total, and not caught a single fish. i targeted them properly the last winter, on the severn at teweksbury, and gloucester canal.......not a sniff. I thought id try some summer lure fishing tonight, still nothing. Im sure someone said pike fishing was easy!!!

tonyb

Reaction score
its crazy, im not even after big ones, just a pike will do. ive got a day booked at chew valley in october so ive got four months to break this run.

Morespiders

Reaction score
its crazy, im not even after big ones, just a pike will do. ive got a day booked at chew valley in october so ive got four months to break this run.

I can see theres going to be some tears Tony:D:D

PS. maybe, just maybe you will get lucky on Chew and have a 40lb one, thats fishing for you:D

tonyb

Reaction score
ive gone past that stage, i have a good chuckle to myself after every blank pike session now.

madmatz

Reaction score
Surely i must now qualify for the worlds worst pike angler. I first went pike fishing in 1989 on wollaton park, notts and caught three jack pike. Since then, i have fished for them on and off, probably about 30 times in total, and not caught a single fish. i targeted them properly the last winter, on the severn at teweksbury, and gloucester canal.......not a sniff. I thought id try some summer lure fishing tonight, still nothing. Im sure someone said pike fishing was easy!!!
it can be easy! its finding em thats hardest but even then it can be hard work if they dont want to feed you cant make em.

rubio

Reaction score
Not trying to cause any offence but I had 2 double figure pike yesterday on sweetcorn. Not recommending you try it as bait of course, but they will just do whatever they want. Cos they can.

chav professor

Reaction score
Not trying to cause any offence but I had 2 double figure pike yesterday on sweetcorn. Not recommending you try it as bait of course, but they will just do whatever they want. Cos they can.

Nice one Rubio!! Droped a cube of luncheon meat on a pikes head the other day.... boy was it pi$$*d.... its gills flared and it totally nailed the cause of all that offense....

I think a 'twenty' on cheese paste was the fish last season that really took the biscuit:D:D:D:D

terry m

Reaction score

Good luck @ Chew Tony. Hopefully you are going with someone that knows the water. It can be a heartbreaker, but if you get just a little luck then you may, you just may get the fish of a lifetime.

tonyb

Reaction score
im just going for the experience to be honest, if i catch something then its a bonus. may take some sweetcorn with me, ha ha.

philblakey

Reaction score
You'll get there Tony if you keep at it.
A little clip of a suicidal jack that i recently caught, lost it 1st cast, then unfortunately as it turned out i moved the camera (too close to the water perched on my bag......not safe), 2nd cast nothing, 3rd cast it hit in the same spot, then hit again and i caught it.
99.9% sure it was the same pike, it had marks on it's muzzle from the 1st encounter, plus it gave up very quickly.
Some days they're easy to catch!

3rd time lucky on the Big Real Eel !!! - YouTube

Phil.