Bennets Angling Stores?

Kim Gowney

Reaction score
I recently ordered some stuff from Bennetts, never got an email confirmation, no answer to the phone. (So far no money taken for the order either)

The owner is listed as Mr Richard Yates address of shop is 9 market place, mountsorrel, leicester.

Anyone know if this is still a going concern?

W

Wolfman Woody

Afraid these Bennetts are two different gorillas.

Bennetts of Sheffield, rock solid, going for years. The first to ever do mail order tackle maybe.

Bennetts at Mountsorrel, a differenct animal. Not sure, but try these Our Contact details:
Bennetts Angling Stores (Mountsorrel)Ltd
9 Market Place Mountsorrel Leicestershire LE12 7BA United Kingdom
Phone: 0116 230 2980
Fax: 0116 237 4333
Email: fishing@bennettsangling.com

ingy

Reaction score
always found bennets of sheffeild (bosfish ) great online service as for the other never heard of it

Kim Gowney

Reaction score
Bosfish dont seem to stock what I want which is Sonu 11mm S pellets and Sonu 2mm Feeder pellets, I can find these items at other places, but often the postage is ridiculous (£8.00) whereas the above mentioned "Bennetts" of Leics were only £4.00, of course unless they actually deliver etc then it's pie in the sky anyway.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
At present BOS is surviving on emails sales- last time I went in the shop it was an emptyshell - they are still recovering from loosing all the stock in the floods of last june - but they were well insured so can afford to rebuild

Alan Roe

Reaction score
I have bought stuff from Bennets of mountsorrel and found them to be very good

Kim Gowney

Reaction score
Cheers LP and Alan, when did you buy from them last Alan? I am a bit mystified as to why I am unable to get any response from them as yet, the website seems profesional enough.

http://www.bennettsangling.com/

Lark

Reaction score
Kim - If you don't get any luck there, try Mullarkey'sin Burton for Sonu pellets. I was in their new place (very impressive!)a few weeks ago and picked up some Sonusoft hook pellets. I seem to remember seeing a pretty wide range of Sonu stuff there.

Kim Gowney

Reaction score
Good suggestion Jonny, but to visit a tackle shop that stocks what I want would involve a journey of at least 60 miles if not a hundred miles, this is primarily a game and sea fishing area and although there are two very good tackle shops in the area (Pembs) neither of them stock the S-pellets or the feeder pellets I require, hence my use of the internet for such purchases.

Lark, thanks for that, but oddly enough they only have a small selection of Sonu stuff available online, Good greif, how strange, even as I type this an advertising email from Mullarkeys has just dropped into the inbox! Too bizarre!!

Any other suggestion welcome and thanks to all for help offered so far.

UPDATE: I have now managed to get through to the company, they have had a problem with their phone line and expect it to be resolved tommorow, this has prevented them from having net access and all orders should be out by next week. So things are looking up!!