FISH INS OOP NORTH?

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
I'm new, are there ever any sort of teach in type events held up North which I might attend for errrrr, /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gifresearch puposes?

W

Wolfman Woody

Used to get a mention every Saturday afternoon -

Durham, durham durham durdurdur um durham.

Pardon me, just a little whimsey.

Nice cathedral.

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Your not the first Woody, trust me /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

BTW, read one or two of your articles, canny reading ! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
But hardly close enuff for me Im afraid !!Looks like it was good craic tho /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Now I've looked where it is, its actually within range, is is there every year?

J

John McLaren

There have been regular Chub Fish-ins (often hi-jacked by Barbel) on the Ribble at Ribchester (1 or 2 each year) but John Conway organises these and he has been otherwise occupied in recent months. I am sure he will arrange one sometime in 08 ifhe is able.

I appreciate that isn't as far North East as you would probably like Tom but its nearer than the Idle.

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
I would think its 6 and two 3's really as its across country,will check it, cheers

The Monk

Reaction score
Durham Tom!, well somebody has to live there I suppose,

I sincerely hope you don`t call us Manks Southerners

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
No mate, kindred spirits ( you bein a monk), NORTH west is still NORTH ! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

We are missionaries, here to educate the Southern softies, and to give them our support in their worst moments ( when they break a fingernail)

The Monk

Reaction score
fair comment mate, mind you those Essex girls break more than finger nails, talk about ruffe slappers

S

Steve Eddy

Durham.. The posh end of the north..and yes you manks are southerners!!

Besides that though Tom you have the best Dace fishing in the country on your doorstep.I watched a bloke weigh in 65lb today from the free stretch,his mate in the next swim added another42lb to that.Dace ,Roach and Chubletts.

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Ah Steve, you sound like just the man I want to talk to !!!

I'll be hinest here ( as I always am), I've fished for over 20 years, but its been almost exclusively on lakes or the canals ( quite happily I might add), and wouldnt know where to start fishing a river.BUT---my local pond has got disease in and fish are dying all over, so I wont be renewing my membership !

The next best club as far as I can see is at Durham ( aha I hear you say) . Their waters include lakes , a canal sort of stretch, and LOTS of the Wear at Durham.

This I find interesting in my senior years as a new challenge , as I wouldnt know what a dace looks like, never mind how to catch one . I wqas hopinh to maybe link up with someone who could show me the techniques and have a whole lotta fun !!

Where is this free stretch?

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
I married one Monk-----, then divorced her, but hasten to add we are stll friends

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Now I know what one looks like lol. Not very big are they. Record stands at 1lb 8 ozs?

Reaction score
Manks southerners ? No bloody chance Mr Monk , we don`t talk with a funny accent , we speak the queens english mate ./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Tom , when we break a fingernail we don`t Evenwince , we are hard men ./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

The whole ofthe British mainland is up North ...................

.............................to a man standing at Lizards Point