News about Magicalia (Parent company of FM)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Just thought I'd post this link to the Telegraph to let you know (for those who are interested) in how FishingMagic's parent company, Magicalia (who are owned by The Exponent), are doing in the business world.

In addition to the report it may interest you to know that EMAP Anglingwas recently bought by German company Bauer - but only just -as Magicalia (The Exponent)were just beaten in the biddingby the fact that Bauer also bought the EMAP radio component.

So, just before Christmas,Magicalia were very close to owning EMAP Angling.

Now that would have been interesting.

Now, if anyone should hear of a fishing magazine/newspaper up for sale, just let me know.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Interesting article and very positive on Magicalia's business plan. It would indeed have been interesting had they won the bidding for the fragmented EMAP goodies.

Some time ago I did a little minor research into Magicalia/Exponent (old habits die hard!) and the vast majority of comment and opinion was very positive, "one to watch for future growth" seemed to be the theme.

I reckon the time is right to ask for, no, demanda pay rise Graham!

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
"Now, if anyone should hear of a fishing magazine/newspaper up for sale, just let me know."

Ahh Ah now now Mr Marrisden, I`ve been seriously thinking about selling the world famous "Bivvy News" the time honoured carp angling magazine which is very collectable, you can have the publishing rights for a Nikon D3 complete with lenses, or failing that just send me your D300 and we`ll call it right
bivvy_news_lankys.jpg

W

Wolfman Woody

"if anyone should hear of a fishing magazine/newspaper up for sale"

the TOTAL ANGLING TELEGRAPH or TAT as it is known. Sadly quite a poor circulation but keen articles written by one of the best angling writers in Britain today.

I do know it's up for sale, possibly into six figures (£100,000 +) but negotiable.

Email me for a word with the owner/editor/writer.

The Monk

Reaction score
Oi Woody, hes not got me a camerayet!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

If he falls for the £100,000, Monk, I'll buy you one.

There's a sucker born every minute.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Sorry lads, we're negotiating for two others:

National Association Fly Fishers, and

Regional Angling Gossip

The Monk

Reaction score
I can`t believe your turning down "Bivvy News", look you don`t even need to negotiate, just send me your camera

W

Wolfman Woody

You have no chance Monk unless there's a ruffe slapper on page three.

C

Clive

This is 'Monk's' "Bivvy News, Woody.

Page 3 is the only page without a slapper/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
theres a ruffe slapper on just about every page Woody, this is a proper carp magazine/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif