March Angling Star

R

Ron Clay

What an incredible read this month's issue is for 65p. One centre pages, or should I say in the blue corner, yes you've guessed it - Gord Burton - The Piking Pirate is taming the high rollers. Gord explains how he gets those hawgs to hang on his crank bait and how to hawl 'em.

Duncan Mellors describes one total Yorkshire barbel fanatic who never reads fishing magazines. Our own Sedge keepd an eye on the weather, Dave Tipping says that if you are on a big fish roll you must mik it, Stuart Hurst
goes political, Barrie Rickards talks about litter and getting the kids to the bank, whilst I am nearly blown away by the gale.

Sedges piece has a story about a very weather wise native American.

It reminds me of The Lone Ranger and Tonto riding across the Prairie. Suddenly Tonto jumps off his horse and puts his ear to the ground.

The Lone Ranger asks what he'e doing. "Buffalo come", says Tonto. "How do you know that?" asks The Lone Ranger.

"Ear stuck to ground" says Tonto. lol

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Our own Sedge? he aint posted for how long?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Bought this months ona foray into Norfolk.Take a bow Mr Swords and Mr Fisk!!!

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Angling Star; over 6 years on andjust re emerged from a black hole (from 2002) No Stuart Hurst, mad mac Jim McDonald and even less about the N/E. Stopped my subscription about 4 years ago, half the paper it was and double the price.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

To be honest I can rarely be a.....d to look at the date of a thread.If its of interestI post.StillIam comforted to give those who obvioulsy dont get outenough a laugh from time to time/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Sleep well!

E

EC

I'll bet he never asked permisssion to advertise it either!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Gord explains how he gets those hawgs to hang on his crank bait and how to hawl 'em."

Hopefully, they have learned a little more of the English language since 2002 . . . . . . . . . .