Korda Carp Care Kit

Andy M

Reaction score
Probably called Carp care because the poor old things need it most, getting dragged out every week end.

But......seems like a great bit of kit but take care when using it on Pike!

B

Bill Cox

My sentiments exactly Jonny, if Korda really had the fishes welfare at heart they would be selling these at cost. If sold for say a fiver then i'm sure 90% of anglers carp or otherwise would have them in there tackle bags. A good idea but falls at the last hurdle as far as getting it out there goes.

njb51

Reaction score
It always seems to be the case when it comes to things like this. It's like companies drive sales through peoples' guilt.

I would like to see a load of these kits being given away as a promotion or special (!) offer! Not just given away for free as obviously that is not a viable solution. But if Korda and other such companies really want to get us to care for our fish, they should be throwing this, and similar kits at us anglers!

Also, change the name to fish care kits; not carp!

Skjelstad

Reaction score
I`m definitely going to try this!

BUT: Won`t the fluid wash off as soon as you return the fish into the water...?

And how many many lucky fish can you treat with one bottle?

njb51

Reaction score
"BUT: Won`t the fluid wash off as soon as you return the fish into the water...?"

No, there is a good reason it won't. I think the people who do klin-ik explained why on here somewhere?

Anyone?

tinca steve

Reaction score
I totally agree with Jonny re the name, AS ALWAYS its CARP not FISH , Manufacturers should be more active in the use of the word FISH instead of CARP. As in CARP mats, CARP care etc. then these products would be used by all anglers for all species (so more sales )and new comers to our sport would accept using these products as normal.

Symon Murphy

Reaction score
Wouldn't bother wasting your money,just get a tube of Bonjela or Orabase and a pack of cotton buds/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.Does the same job.

barry dix

Reaction score
Havethe manufactures done any trials on the efficacy of the treatments?

C

Cakey

here we go again ....must not mention carp

Korda are basically carp boys and have done their homework

lets see a roach man do his ..........................

John Heelis

Reaction score
before you all start....

I know this thread is 6 months old....

but being a caring kinda chap, i thought i would drag it back up. I have to buy a new care kit and i was wondering what the collective of Fm are using, and if any one has a decent recomendation (such as Graham's review)

by the way the current/old one that i'm using is a Korda kit, due to the fact that it was the only one the shop stocked at the time.

KAR

Reaction score
Its nice to see that they are thinking of the fish but

· 1000 Cotton Buds - Tesco - 99p (if that)

· 1ltr Body and Mouth care - Koi Shop - £6

L

Luke Allsop

I'm an experienced tropical and coldwater fishkeeper and I think the blue liquid is methylene blue, which is a common aquarium treatment and works very well. As for the stuff on the right I think this may be sterazin or clove oil which is a very effective bactericide and fungicide which needs to be used in very small concentrations as this is used to euthanize fish. I think it's a good idea as the stress in which the fishcan besubject to when caughtwill lower the immune system, allowing disease and other problems to set in if the fish is wounded, but otherwise the fish will be fine without the treatments.

L

Luke Allsop

Malachite green is highly carcinogenic and it stinks too! What's more it stains clothes. At least they don't use it in the products.

KAR

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>blandford-esq wrote (see</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Why is all korda stuff so expensive?</blockquote>You get what you pay for?

blandford-esq

Reaction score
In this case as in many others I believe it to be over priced. the retail cost is in no way proportioate to the actual cost of manufacture.