Big hands

Morespiders

Reaction score
Mr Woodhouse, I believe you have very large hands?. Could you please confirm, would just one of them be bigger than the 6lb perch recently caught on the Thames?Or are they not really that big?

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
I've got big hands too, my mates say I've got fingers like snooker cues,. G-spot fingers I call em, snigger------

W

Wolfman Woody

"Mr Woodhouse, I believe you have very large hands?"

Who've you been speaking to in the last 24 hours then, Spider? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I can guess!!!!

They're not THAT big, but I'll tell you this - I used to work (for a short while) in gents tailoring and a person's hand is matched to the size of their feet and other less visible appendages, hence the saying "Big hands, big feet, big ......". Not that I'm complaining in that other department, you understand.

All that I said (last night to a certain blabbermouth, obviously) was that the 6lbs 2ozs perch that reputedly came from the Thames couldn't possibly have weighed that much. Unless the gent holding it wears size 20s shoes, which I very much doubt.

My hands (and feet) are size 10½ (although I can get an 11s on) and with my fingers spread like in the photo I would put the fish around 4-4½llbs and that's being very generous. Certainly not over 5lbs. I have only seen perch of 5lbs in foreign piscatorial photographs and they need two hands very well spread to support them.

As another guide, my biggest chub so far was 6lbs 12ozs and my big fingers wouldn't even reach to it's lateral line when held around it's belly.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Big chub that Jeff, yes i suppose if you worked in tailoring (CWS)you would need a big otherthing! What you trying to tell us Jeff?.

W

Wolfman Woody

I worked at CWS, yes, but it was Hope Bros where I worked in tailoring. Corner of High Street and Market Street.

"What you trying to tell us Jeff?"

You're just jealous of BIG men. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Skjelstad

Reaction score
Though I fear it is not the case here pictures could lie...

Having a matchweight of 120 kilo+ I don`t have a single picture showing the real size of my catches. What would you gentlemen suggest to be the veight of these perch caught in just halv an hour last autumn?

37164_s.jpg

37165_s.jpg

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Anything between 1lb 12oz and 2lb 12oz.........ain't i brave?

Skjelstad

Reaction score
You might be but you missed one of them! As I said - pictures lie...

Damn those big hands!

OK. I will send the bait I caught them on to the first one to guess the weight of both fish within a margin of 25 grams.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I only missed one?

Grams!!!!!!!!!! this is a British site mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Skjelstad

Reaction score
Ok. Come on with your mideavel measurements then. Inches, yards, pounds, oz, foot, feet - whatever. I`ll just have to recalculate into measures that the rest of the world understands... /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

LOL.....nice one Skjel. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Trisantona

Reaction score
4 pounds 3 oz....p.s. is that a revolving hat you are wearing./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Skjelstad

Reaction score
The hat went on and off quite a few times that day. We were two in the boat and both caugth personal bests.

The pictures are of two different fish...