Quest Baits in 2008

S

Sean Meeghan

I've been given some of the rahja spice boilies to try. I'll let you know how I get on with them. They smell lovely, I'm tempted to try a few with some nice basmati rice and a pint of Cobra!

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Ive used the Smokey fish now for nearly a year, i like them, they seem to be instant, then die off a bit as the day goes on, But they are rock hard. Ive tried the crab, but had no success on them.

S

Sean Meeghan

These rahjas are nice and crumbly - just as I like them. Will give them a go tomorrow

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I've been using them for quite a while now, before they were known as Quest, and they're top quality. Only what you expect from a top bait maker like Shaun Harrison.

Deanos

Reaction score
The lone angler picked his way along the floodbank of the deserted northern river, his collar pulled tight to guard against the cutting wind and rain.His feet were sore (the local army and navy store still insisted on displaying only left footed wellies...and in odd sizes at the front of the shop).

All he had for bait was some home made boilies made from Yorkshire Pudding mix from the local "pound shop", flavoured with brown sauce andmarmalade (ifFrank Warwicknicks this bait recipe...I will seehim in court!).In the Norf, everybody is poor and we have to eat worms for our dinner so cant even use these as bait.

SO!I am starting a campaign called "Boilie Aid" where all the rich southern anglers send lots of expensive baits (which fish find irresistible...I once found a packet and read the stuff on the back) to the poor anglers of northern England.

Granville "the Boilie Baron" Marsdernn has warehouses full of them!....please mail him now to send loads of freebies which I shall "distribute" to the poor and needy (ME!).Thank you.

S

Sean Meeghan

Well I've used them for several trips now and they've been excellent. I've tried them against pellets and they're at least as good, which considering that they are 14mm is good. They are definitely instant and I've had fish on them when other's have blanked.

I don't think they are quite as good as pellet when the water temps are low, which is probably more to do with size than anything else. At the weekend on the Warwickshire Avon and the Severn I blanked on them, getting several abortive pulls, whilst my mate Mick had 3 barbel including a double. Now this could have been due to other things such as the length of the hair or the fact that I was using a feeder, or that I was fishing a different swim. I suspect that a smaller diameter might have just tipped the scales in my favour.

I'd post a formal review, but there isn't a 'link' in the original article.

Well worth a try for barbel!