DSC00095.JPG

Paul C

Reaction score
Nice one Ticker.

Good to see you've returned to the fold after a 10 - 12 year abscence. Or is it longer??

This time, don't get pre-occupied with those carpy things (not that you got the time to be camping out all weekendanymore)...

Will have to get you on the Ribble..............

Paul C

Reaction score
This fish is mine Monk.

Ian 'Ticker' Murphywas a bigcarp angler around here having progressed into it from more general fishing, until hestopped fishing completelyover a decade or so ago.Found a girl,wedding, kids etc..... the usual.

He's just started kitting himself outagain and has joined a club, so he's threatening a comeback.

Welcome back Ticker.....

W

Wolfman Woody

THAT FISH IS 'TOPPER' !

He's come from the THAMES. I can tell by the fact that the top of his dorsel is cut off straight. He was last caught by Colin McMad and featured in CF.

We never saw him again after that.

Here he is in better times -
McMad1.jpg

Now there's either barbel rustlers operating again, or it is possible for barbel to go out to sea, swim halfway around the British Isles and enter the Ribble (was it?)

Well we want him back! He looks a bit undernourished, but that typical with you tight northerners not wanting to feed them properly. Send him back immediately or I will report you to the National League for the Protection of Tame Barbel.

PS, that's 'Tame' as in not feral and not meaning it came from the River Tame.

Paul C

Reaction score
He's ours now and like everyone who's tried both north and south, he knows where's best.

Those soft southern rivers just weren't challenging enough for him. He's a bit of a thrill seeker you see and wanted to take on a real challange like.......................... seal taunting.

He's a bit lean because he's actually had some exercise instead of wallowing around like a lazy ass, muching high protein food in a warm enviroment.

Have you anymore like him we can re-home?

Ticker

Reaction score
Its good to be back, though the bait thing has changed a bit and all the fish have gone MASSIVE!

Whilst I'm on... and no one is watching a guy at work told me of a genuine'unweighed' 6lb 8oz Chub from the middle Irwell. Just off for my slugs now...