I need a good bivvy

steve collins 4

Reaction score
Hiall, Ihave really enjoyed reading the FM forumsince I joined. To be honest I havent made many posts until I really need some help, like now!!!!

I live in Portugal at the moment, and up until now I have enjoyedweather Icandeal with in a fairly normal tent when going for extended carp fishing trips (up to 1 week).

But during my last tripwe had terribleweatherwhich smashed my tent, it was like being on mount Everest in a hurricane!

My question is can anyonerecomend a reallygood Bivvy with a sewn in ground sheet" (a sewn in ground sheetis amust because I hate bugs and rats etc from bitter memory).

Ireally need a double skin that can handle lots of rain and has a porch. Hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

Regards

S

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
All depends how much you want to spend. All the big makers should be able to help.

I prefare loose ground sheet so i don't need to carry it in summer.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
One man Nash double top extreme,comes with two skins, second one being a whole mesh inner which is great if you want to keep the bugs out,this is sewn onto a groundsheet so no worries.

Also comes with a peak at the front which makes a nice porch,well made too seeing as most think Nash are pants-the two man is massive and i mean massive!

Regards Matt

Joey

Reaction score
TFG force8 is worth a look. It is avaiable in one or two man sizes and seems to meet all your criteria.

R

Roto Fryer

stay away from Nash as they have terrible customer services and inferior products.

give us an idea of your budget and we can be more specific.

the best bivvies dont have sewn in groundsheets or if they do they dont have a porch.

search aqua products, trakker, jrc, fox and see what you come up with

Colin W

Reaction score
shakespear cypry 2 man[dome] very strong and brilliant in heavy rain/winds. double skin sewn in groundsheet. also got mesh inside doors to keep bugs and beasties out.can pick one up very cheap on e bay. or compared to the new pram hood styles can get one new for a good price . pleanty room inside 2 bedchairs and lots more room for gear.tight lines...colin.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Steve.

For a really good porch use a camo sheet over your bivvy and sew your own eyelets into it.

steve collins 4

Reaction score
Guys thanks for the input, I want to spend a max of £250 pounds. I would rather something that will last for a good few seasons than a bit cheaper andregret it. The problem is,I am based in Portugal and so all Ihave to go on are internet pictures and memories. I cant see the bivvy in real lifeand"feel the quality"oh err !!!Like you can in a big UK tackle shopor even on the bank because the waters here are really sparcely populated and most anglersuse tentsfrom camping shops. I'm researching the recomendsyou have put forward on the internet and anyoneelsewho can give me a recomendation it will be really gratefully recieved. (top idea aboutcamo sheetand porch cheers mate)

Thanks again Steve

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

The camo sheet costs around £10 from army and Navy shops or government surpluss. You will find them on the internet.

steve collins 4

Reaction score
Cheers Baz

I have used in the past a product whichis basicallyan eyeletsplit into two (obviously a male and femail part) so all you have to do is position both parts of the eylet either side of the groundsheet and crimp them together. This cuts out the circle of groundsheet between them and forms a perfect eyelet, I used to use thissystem tomake covers for mymotor bikes when I didnt have a garage.Anyway, at least I didnt have to sew anything !

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

A couple of storm poles at the front end, and those elastic bungee things to peg it down at the back and sides, and that's it. A mate of mine does it this way. And it's by far the best porch I have ever seen.