My Approach to Winter Carping #3

steveo

Reaction score
Fair play to you for still going out..Not surprised at the lack of interest to the pop up.See good ol b5 is doing well.

Ive completely given up winter carpin,cant get motivated.I think alot has got to do with lack of decent venue's down here in Cornwall.

cheers

F

Frothey

well, after not going since the last article (don't ask) my winter campaign is underway again lol!

managed a 9hr overnighter last night, got back on the same spots and had 6 fish before 1am (started catching at 10) and reeled the rods in to get some sleep! clear, cold night - net froze to the ground, and the brolly had ice on the inside. all fish came to the B5, 5 were doubles up to 18lb. I'd left the Hi Nu Val rod out, which went off at 5.25 just as i was packing up, though i lost that fish. About 2kg of each bait was scattered around as i left, so there might be an odd article (about spring fishing!) on the way. One promising thing was I had been told it was fishing hard, and I only heard 2 other takes to 5 anglers.

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>steveo wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Fair play to you for still going out..Not surprised at the lack of interest to the pop up.See good ol b5 is doing well. Ive completely given up winter carpin,cant get motivated.I think alot has got to do with lack of decent venue's down here in Cornwall. cheers</blockquote>
not far wrong there with the motivation thing, there are a few decent venues around but the size of fish (if thats your thing) arent like some areas.

E

EC

Although I don't fish exclusively for carpDave, I've never ever had a touch on B5's.

N

Nathan Ball

I was beginning to wonder when we would be getting the next installment. I've got my first carp session of 2008 coming up next Friday and I can't wait! Based on your winter sessions I wont wory about using fishmeals during winter as long as i'm baiting up regularly. Something I may not have tried otherwise so thanks Frothey!

There's a quiet-ish lake near me that rarelygets fished during the colder months, I know there are some big fish in there so i think this will be my venue of choice for winter 2008.

F

Frothey

baits funny like that Eddie, someone else might come on one of your waters, clean up, but you still wont get a touch on it!

Iain Riley

Reaction score
fishmeals in winter seem to clag up what you need is hi flavour low food contentsomthing that creates a cloud but not a slickand things that wiggle./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Roto Fryer

boilies that wiggle and create a cloud dave? am i that far behind?

hnv in the winter all the way for me ian. why do you think fishmeal "clags" up?