3 in 45 Minutes

Shine

Reaction score
Went fishing yesterday for a few hours. Plonked thepop-up at the edge of a willow tree (I'm not a great fan of pop-ups but thoughtI would stand a better chance of a bite because of all the leaves and winter muck there)and had the best 45 minutes carp fishing ever.

1st one 16lb bang on, 2nd 11.7, 3rd 7.2. All this in 50 minutes from 3.25pm-4.10pm. All on theone pop-up. Remember I had to catch them, land them, pic, write in my little book of catches (sad I know but I like to keep a recorded of anything over 5lb that comes out the lake).

Anyone caught more carp within an hour?

My next thread will proberly be... I havent caught a carp in ages/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Couple of years ago I caught 14 carp and 2 tench in a days session. This was on a small lake with small fish.

Shine

Reaction score
They are like buses for all you spelling freaks out there... Not there like./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

alan

Reaction score
in the space of 5 hours i once had 35 out, my mate had 28. nothing bigger then 8lb, but when everyone else is hardly catching and start sniffing around to see what bait your using, it feels good.

Shine

Reaction score
Thats true Alan. By the 3rd one I had 6 people around me wanting to know how I was doing it.

No secret, it was just one of those things. Did tell one lad a fib though. He asked what flavour pop-up and I said tuttie when it was a scopex. Dont want the whole lake starting to use the same bait now do I /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

R

Roto Fryer

once had a 44, 39 and a 35 common in an hour or so but its not at all normal

Shine

Reaction score
wow. nice one roto. i've been told the biggest in the lake i was fishing is 25lb. was you on your own or did you have alot of watches all of a sudden?

R

Roto Fryer

Was in France at a not too difficult venue that was releatively new and unfished for a few weeks. just the wife and a camera were there.

I managed to land 35 fish for the week of which 16 were 20lb plus, 16 were 30lb plus and 3 were 40lb plus.
Largest fish: 42.12 mirror
Largest common 35.08
Total weight 1085 lbs 10 oz
Average weight 31lbs.
rt3508.jpg

the 35.08 Common

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I took three guys from Dorset out on a coaching session Tuesday. After a long morning of coaching and waiting for the freezing fog to lift the guys got their baits in the water by about 2.30 pm Matt started with a 20lb 05oz mirror a new PB, one hour later caught another PB at 20lb 08oz and finished the day with another new PB 21lb what a terrific result for just 3 hours of fishing. Dave and Lyndon both enjoyed a bend in theire respective rods but were unable to get the fish to the bank.

IMG_1371.jpg

First PB

IMG_1388.jpg

Next PB

IMG_1400.jpg

Best fish of the day

A full report with pictures will be posted very soon.
Good angling the Three Amegos from Dorset.
Tight Lines
Ian G

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I was once had 21 carp in uder 3 hours, although all smallish, between 3 and 9lbs. Then again I sat on the Thames every morning and every evening for 5 days in the so called 'summer' and caught 3 carp. Although I would have prefered any one of those to the 21 capr I caught from the lake.

I think it depends on the water in question and how much they're feeding. Funny old thing fishing.

By the way, loverly 16lber /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif