start up

neil smith 2

Reaction score
can any give me a detailed list of what i will need to start carping or is there a web page.

alan

Reaction score
or is there a web page

you found the only site you will ever need right here.

it might help if you posted what you already have, where you want to fish and how often, and for what size fish.

technique you want to use will be important to, ledger, float, feeder,distance, in close?

neil smith 2

Reaction score
im in the bristol area. been with friends a few times. catching carp between 6-15lb. probably go a few times a month. using pop up method , casting about 20-30metres

neil smith 2

Reaction score
what sort of swivels , silocon sleeve, rig rings, whats anchor rig tube, whats hair rig? if ive got a bite alarm do i need a butt swinger

R

Roto Fryer

have a read of the articles and reviews and then ask for some advice. a lot of what you buy will depend on how much you want or can spend.

you can get going for 200 or 3000 pounds its up to you, however, I would suggest you look at the lower price range until you gain experience and actually know what you want to do.

ill give you a few ideas.

alarms. fox micron m around 20 quid each. here

reels. okuma will get you going and are ok and cheapish here

landing net. look around for a cheap 42 inch net here

normal bank sticks will be good enough to get you going

unhooking mat . here

these are not always the cheapest option, however, each link is to a different shop so u can have a good look around.

for cheap rods do a search on this forum.

carping can be a never ending pocket drain so be careful

kevin carr

Reaction score
best deal at present shimano set. feastmaster rod shimano reel,line and rod sleeve £99

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hi Neil,

First decide how much money you have spend.

Then go to your tackeshop, tell them what you would like and how much you have to spend, they should help you out.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
If you positive you want to carp fish why not book a session with a professional coach the money you invest in the days coaching will be recovered many times over when you buy the right tackle once and dont keep buying the wrong kit time and time again like so many others have done before.

Some coaches offer sessions with every thing included tackle baits tickets etc etc. you just turn up with a huge sheet of questions and the rest is down to the coach. You never know you might even bag a new PB carp on the day. All your tackle bait and rig questions will be answered.

Have a look here

http://www.smartcarping.com/index.html

Tight Lines