Go Fishing

M

Michael Hall

Whats on?

~ TV's John Wilson and passion for angling star bob james will explain how to travel light and bag up!

~ four times world camp Bob Nudd will tell you all of the secrets behind hook choice and tying.

~ Match Legend Ivan Marks along with trabucco man simon gould will reveal how to fish up in the water (vital info)

~Former World Champ Ian Heaps is there to teach everything that you will need to know about pole fishing and waggler on commercial and stillwater fisheries.

~ Preston Innvotations Ricky Teal will show you how to elasticate poles.

~ Roy Marlow will give you info on reel lines poles and hooklengths.

~While the maver world club champ Denis White show you the shotting ways and patterns on floats and manking the deadly feeder rigs.

~ Des Taylor will show you knots

~ Shakespeares Jeff Perrin reveals all about running water float tactics

And I haven't even started yet!!!!!

There are also over 150 exhibitors with all the new gear! and 1000 square meters of tackle bargins with the retail village!

The list is endless !!!!!!

How to get there.

The NEC is easily accessedfrom the M6, M5 and M45 Motor ways!
It is also very well sign posted!

Never know I might meet some of you's there!!

M

Michael Hall

And the most important thing!

Admission

Advance tickets
Adults ?7.50
Children (under 16) FREE!!

On the door
Adults ?9
Children (under 16) free!!!

Advance ticket hotline:
Telephone 0121 767 4202

Open Hours

Friday, March 1 to Sunday March 3rd, 9:30 am to 5pm

P

Paul Williams

Michael,
are you on commision?......if not you should be!.....mind you the way everywhere is fishing at the moment (Why do they have these "do's" when most are trying to see the river season out??) it could be a better choice for the day......hold on did you say Des on knots? wheres that wallpaper paste? ;)

M

Michael Hall

Des I think got himself into knots about this wonderbait !!! (doesn't it appear at the nec?? I`ll check that out!! I wish I was on commission I could do with some more money!!!! I quite supprised that FM aint going! or even the 'barbel police'!! I would have been a great promotional oppertunity!!
Or accually I`ll ask graham for some more stickers and I`ll dish them out to the stores!!!(good advertising for the site!!)

A

Alan Roe

Me!!on the Saturday I will be helping out for a couple of hours on the SAA stand so if anyone wants to say hello I would be delighted to see you.
F.M. aint going because a certain small boy was wondering if he could get to play with another computer generated display......! The real risk was that Mc wallet might have to buy me a pint to keep said small boy away!!!! ;-)

M

Mike Parker

Price of parking??

It all adds up to NOT a cheap day out!

150 exhibitors with all the new gear! and 1000 square meters of tackle bargins with the retail village? WOW paying for the honour to go shopping and see stuff that manufacturers want us to buy! No wonder I'm not a millionaire I haven't got the knack of ripping people off.
Oh its so good to be British at times.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It would have been easier just to type 'NEC' into the search box in the news section of the front page and been pointed here:

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1594>'NEC'</A>

The search engines are so powerful and yet so few people think of using them..........

G

Gary Knowles

Paul - couldn't agree more. Why have a do like this now, with just 3 weeks of the season remaining ?

R

Robert Draper

You mean only 3 weeks of the river coarse season remaining. The trout season opens in about a fortnight on most reservoirs, stillwater coarse fisheries are just getting going in the (hopefully) warmer weather and the sea anglers don't seem to stop for winter.

I'll be there on saturday and if it goes to schedule I should only have about an hour to look round the tackle as I will be watching seminars or demos for most of the day, as I did last year. The tackle stands take up the most floor space but if you only look round that you are missing out on the best bit of the show.

A

Alan Roe

It's done at this time so that it does'nt get in the way of the start of the proper fishing season....Thats the river trout season for you coarse types!!!!! :)

D

Dave Feeney

Just come back from my annual trip to see the bank manager to arrange a loan to go to the NEC, what with ?5 carpark, ? 9.50 to get in, 200 miles of petrol, ?1.50 cup of tea,credit card for a buttie, all to see this years gear that will be slashed by half in 6 months time as more "latest" gear comes up for sale, but the demos are good and I love listening to the experts the "scientists " talk about the latest gizmo or do-darr, wonderful stuff.

A

Alan Roe

Dave if you want you can have a lift down with me as I have to pass your neck of the woods on the way down.

A

Alan Roe

Come to think of it if there is anyone else who wants a lift down and can meet me somewhere along the M6 give me a shout it does seem daft paying for several lots of petrol and carparking.

M

Mike Parker

Alan, thats what I like to see, a car full of anglers it brings back memories of when I was a lad in the great North Ridings of Yorkshire, of the Minibuses and coaches full of anglers going fishing at the weekend........... still I digress, very eco friendly and people friendly Alan I take my hat of to you!

D

Dave Feeney

Mike, you took me back 30 yrs, 52 anglers going out to fish the rivers like the Banwy and the Vyrnwy in Wales, never did any other type of fishing then just rivers or the Shropshire Union canal, stopping on the way back for a pint ( coke, I was only 12) these days everyone seems in such a rush," got to get home".It cost around 50p for juniors but the advice and experience was pricless, and if you were good maybe a free float ..... happy days!!!!

M

Mark Lathwell

I will be going with my family on saturday looking forward to getting some bargains and some frebies.

We should all wear a rose in our shirts so we can say hello and have a chat (lol).