First biggie of the season

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Whats your best so far this season.

Just bagged a cracking tench of 9lb 2oz - a northerner to boot!!

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
10lb (ish - might have been a tad bigger -I didn't weigh it) carp yesterday. First trip since January so was fairly happy up till then anyway.

Also caught my first grebe. Foul hooked it after it dived near my float, but I never even saw it and I was fishing the margins. Didn't weigh that either. After we realeased it unharmed, I looked up and saw about 10 of his mates who suddenly turned up (I wasn't aware there was that many on the lake) giving me the evil eye from the edge of my swim.

Eventful day all round.

skullsat

Reaction score
Whats your best so far this season.

Just bagged a cracking tench of 9lb 2oz - a northerner to boot!!

Well done mate,nice sized fish,this year i've caught everything from gudgeon to carp(27lbs)even eel's,but the only fish i have yet to catch is a tench,any size will do i'm not fussy.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
10lb (ish - might have been a tad bigger -I didn't weigh it) carp yesterday. First trip since January so was fairly happy up till then anyway.

Also caught my first grebe. Foul hooked it after it dived near my float, but I never even saw it and I was fishing the margins. Didn't weigh that either. After we realeased it unharmed, I looked up and saw about 10 of his mates who suddenly turned up (I wasn't aware there was that many on the lake) giving me the evil eye from the edge of my swim.

Eventful day all round.

LOL that made me laugh - like that film - the birds

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Well done mate,nice sized fish,this year i've caught everything from gudgeon to carp(27lbs)even eel's,but the only fish i have yet to catch is a tench,any size will do i'm not fussy.

I haven't had a , non foul hooked carp , over 10 lbs and fished loads of commies , never had a carp other than from commercials. Had my 3 biggest tench ( probably up to 6 ) 2 from the canal , on a whip fish corn at the nearside of the track and one on a non commercial public pool also on corn which took me right in the reeds so I dropped the pole right onto the bootom of the pool ,applied steady pressure and it came out.

Where do you fish mate if you haven't had a tench ? I would guess not commercials then, certain times of the summer , early and late in the evening you can see them on the canal by me.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
got back yesterday from a cracking few days on the severn at worcester, weather was testing to say the least, i was going to stay till today but the level risen quick on saturday night and i bottled it!

bream to 7lb, chub to 5lb and 9 barbel over 10lb....3 in 3 hours yesterday morning. the best was 11lb 8oz, not the best of pics but it was hardly camera weather!

jasonbean1-albums-hallow-12-13-picture3187-014.jpg

it wasn't much of a traditionalists' barbel outing, bivvy, alarms, size 4 hooks and 2 x 16mm boilies. Mcdonalds for breakfast, few beers and a meal at the pub for lunch.....not another angler, 2 miles of the river all to myself!

who said fishings a relaxing sport...totally knackered now :D

skullsat

Reaction score
Where do you fish mate if you haven't had a tench ? I would guess not commercials then, certain times of the summer , early and late in the evening you can see them on the canal by me.[/QUOTE]

Only just gone back to float fishing after a few seasons of carping,so still early days for me,although 90% of the fish i've had this year is on floats,i'll get 1 next time out ;),there was a lovely wild section of canal that i've fished since the 70's but it's been turned into moorings for the barges and the fish haven't returned since.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score

I know a couple of commercials where you'll catch tench, try Willow Marsh or Wassell Grove (both towards Kidder) or Dudley pool where they go to about 4lb, bottom pool at Warrens Hall Nature Reserve, and only £2.50 day ticket :), depends where in "Brum" you are and how far you travel, had four from WM yesterday but only up to about a pound and a bit, still, a joy to behold.

Ian

skullsat

Reaction score
Thanks for that mate,i know kiddy really well as i'm often over there,had loads of tench in the past,but nowt this year yet since going back to float fishing,i might give those a try.

ps started my fishing on the kiddy canal behind the carpet factories way back in the late 60's.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Superb tench session today, 10 fish by 1pm (that's when I packed up), it included tench of 9lb 7oz; 9lb 6oz; 8lb 15oz; 8lb 9oz.

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Cripes that's a belting bag. I can't remember when I last caught a tench of anysize let alone those lumps.

I doff my cap sir !

chav professor

Reaction score
got back yesterday from a cracking few days on the severn at worcester, weather was testing to say the least, i was going to stay till today but the level risen quick on saturday night and i bottled it!

bream to 7lb, chub to 5lb and 9 barbel over 10lb....3 in 3 hours yesterday morning. the best was 11lb 8oz, not the best of pics but it was hardly camera weather!

jasonbean1-albums-hallow-12-13-picture3187-014.jpg

it wasn't much of a traditionalists' barbel outing, bivvy, alarms, size 4 hooks and 2 x 16mm boilies. Mcdonalds for breakfast, few beers and a meal at the pub for lunch.....not another angler, 2 miles of the river all to myself!

who said fishings a relaxing sport...totally knackered now :D

Awesome fishing Jason!!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
That makes two of us on the Severn at Worcester then Jason:

Early last week I had half a dozen Barbel to 11lb and a 7lb+ Bream:

004466x295.jpg

006448x366.jpg

012copy485x294.jpg

Best keep it quiet or we might end up with three of us on the river! :eek:mg:

maceo

Reaction score
Nice session on the upper Thames yesterday. Still too fast for a float, so on the feeder and bomb.

Caught a 3lb 4oz chub and lost another, definitely quite a bit bigger, in the near bank reeds. Just saw the curve of its back break the surface as it shot off.

Also caught two perch and two roach over the pound mark, plus a netful of dace and skimmers.

Only down side was that the day ticket has gone up 33% to £4 now. The ticket number was 081 but I find it very hard to believe 80 people have been down there before me this season. Saw nobody at all yesterday again - the same as the 16th and the Sunday following.

In fact it wouldn't be suprising to find the batch of tickets they've given him started at number 080.