Bloody weather....

smufter

Reaction score
Had a good day lined up today, the weather has put the mockers on the lot of it.
Got up early to do a bit of carp/tench fishing to try out a couple of new feeder rods I bought earlier this week.
Hammering it down with rain and blowing an absolute gale. As much as I enjoy my fishing, I ain't venturing out in that.
I also play golf and had a match lined up this afternoon in the Volvo knockout competition. He can have the game. Course will be like a bloody quagmire, with bunkers full of water and you'll hardly be able to putt because of the wind. As much as I love my golf, I ain't venturing out in that.
Still got the Grand Prix and the Footie tonight to keep me amused, but seriously pee'd off with the weather we are getting at the moment.
Flaming June?????
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like I tell folks, it's only a bloody hobby, the river will still be there next week and the week after :)

maceo

Reaction score
Yep, I'm with the fainthearts.

What I do is pleasure fishing - and for me there's not too much pleasure in being cold, sodden damp all day and trying to cast into a howling wind.

I'm looking at Tuesday for my next session. Conditions are forecast to be much more clement.

For me to go out, it has to be at least 5 degrees C max temp, winds under 15mph and a forecast of "light and ocassional showers" at the very worst.

From what I read, bright sunshine and a light breeze is not considered to be the ideal conditions for catching. However, the beautiful fresh cloudless and brightly sunny summer early mornings, when mother nature and the river are at their most beautiful, are definitely my favourite times of the year for fishing.

Catching or not.

A

alan whittington

Like I tell folks, it's only a bloody hobby, the river will still be there next week and the week after :)

That may be true Mark,but life's a short session,think back to the end of the river season,i was catching,the river was fishable and settled,then the season finishes,sod's law dictates that now the season has started the rivers a load of soup,sad but true.:eek:mg:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That may be true Mark,but life's a short session,think back to the end of the river season,i was catching,the river was fishable and settled,then the season finishes,sod's law dictates that now the season has started the rivers a load of soup,sad but true.:eek:mg:

I will be back on the river next weekend IF the weather is good ;)

robthomo

Reaction score
Granted it may not be the most pleasant conditions to fish in but I'd rather be out in it than stuck indoors any day of the week. The only time the rain has really got me down is on longer sessions where you are more or less bivvy bound for two or more days, now that IS miserable.

skullsat

Reaction score
Love fishing in the rain,but the winds a bit of a put off,there again if it's not raining then i enjoy fishing in the wind,it all helps as there's less anglers on the banks:rolleyes:

bankside

Reaction score
For me to go out, it has to be at least 5 degrees C max temp, winds under 15mph and a forecast of "light and ocassional showers" at the very worst.

Jeez,its a wonder you get out at all in this country!!!!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Has been a bit windy here in SW Herts and some short short sharp bouts of heavy rain, not the most inspiring conditions for a dangle.
However I couldn't stay home yesterday so put together a rucksack, rod, net and handle and made the 5 minute drive to the Colne.
Sat on a nice platform and trotted maggots on an Avon type float and caught upwards of 100 minnows, a few roach, big gudgeon, dace, perch and a jack pike which luckily bit me off.
Today I fished the open match on Marsworth ressie Tring.
Probably the windiest place in the world bar Chicago .
No way was the Brolley coming out the wind was fierce in my face.
No glory this time only 2 bream and a washed out roach for my efforts...
Happy days.......