Pure Fluorocarbon Line.

cg74

Reaction score
I've finally run out of fluorocarbon line and I outright refuse to pay approaching £10 for a 20m spool. For the last couple years I've been using a sea fishing snood line. Which was excellent, as it was fairly stiff, abrasion resistant and only cost £4 for 100m. Sadly though the spool is now that tatty I can't read the make.

So can anyone reccomend a good 20lb bs fluoro line? Diameter is not really important, more that it needs to be stiff, hard wearing, is actually pure fluoro (not coated) and CHEAP.

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
Flourocarbon is superb for making sea fishing snoods and used to use it extensively when match fishing. When hauling in double whiting, pouting etc, twisting used to destroy normal mono. With flouro, it was purely a case of pulling it taught and sliding across a trouser leg and it would return to its straight form.

Try this Hook Lines

Suffix invisiline looks like it might fit the bil

cg74

Reaction score
Cheers Christian, though the price is a bit more than I was hoping for; still 2/3 the cost of most coarse tackle manufacturers, but I was looking at getting 100m+ for that price.

The line is actually for making the rigid boom of a combi-rig.

Any other ideas?

R

Royffey

I've finally run out of fluorocarbon line and I outright refuse to pay approaching £10 for a 20m spool. For the last couple years I've been using a sea fishing snood line. Which was excellent, as it was fairly stiff, abrasion resistant and only cost £4 for 100m. Sadly though the spool is now that tatty I can't read the make.

So can anyone reccomend a good 20lb bs fluoro line? Diameter is not really important, more that it needs to be stiff, hard wearing, is actually pure fluoro (not coated) and CHEAP.

have a look at the new (ish) ESP Soft Ghost.... cheap, rigid, heavy and surprisingly thin for its B/S......... i ve benn using it in 12lb b/s recently for my eel fishing and cant fault it as yet :)