DAY TICKET MONEY

• Thread starter Baz (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Day Ticket Waters.

Are they really worth the time and trouble it takes to collect the money?

I am not talking of these puddles where you pay at the kiosk or it takes two minuets to walk around. I am talking of large expanses of water, or a mile or two of lonely riverbank.

And don’t forget, there will always be somebody waiting around the next bush to relieve you of your takings. To say nothing of the ne're do wells that would be only all to ready to argue the toss if they should pay or not.

So before any tambourine tappers jump in with the notion that Day Ticket Waters are important to attract new members, and are a must for the kids. Ask yourself this question. Would you take a walk in the wilderness collecting Day Ticket Money? What is the better alternative?

E

EC

Funny how certain areas have lots of day ticket water ie river and canal, I'm thinking of Milton Keynes area, where I have visted, and paid, many times.

Yet here in the North West a day ticket stretch of river isn't all that common not to mention themany many miles of desertedclub canal stretches which also don't allow day tickets.

Any idea why WAA and Northwich stopped the day tickets on the TM canal Bazza?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I often fish my local canal and river on a day ticket, I always buy one from the tackle shop, they are not sold on the bank and I have never been checked. I cannot see anyone walking the 15 miles of canal looking for day ticket sales.

Any member can ask to see your ticket on production of their club book.

I am happy to be honest and pay my bit ( it is only £3-50), and so are many others. The cheats and the scallies will always make it hard work for the officials.

Save your legs and sell day tickets at the tackle shops, you will get some revenue, and do the odd spot check if members report people "guesting".

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Mithrandir partly answers your question Eddie. But in my opinion only, it goes a lot deeper than that. I would really like to know of other peoples views before I give mine.

Would you collect the money Ed? If you had the time? If not, why not?

W

Wolfman Woody

In June, we'll be charging for fishing on our bit of the Jubilee. Notices will be going up telling anglers where to buy tickets from, local tackle shops.

Frankly, the shops can keep the money as far as I'm concerned, initially at least because I don't it will be worth collecting it from the shops. I know they spend a bit of time making out the tickets as well.

So, will we check their tickets? I just hope we find someone very local. It's 2 kms long and a nice walk or bike it, decent cycle path. Would I do it? NO, but only because for me it's a 13 mile drive just to get there.

I've not heard of any wardens collecting money having been mugged here, but there's always a first time I guess. So maybe they go in pairs.

E

EC

Milton Keynes AA I think had the bailiff who came round on a bike.

Would I do it? Currently with a young family definitelyno. Prior to that, or at some point in future,with a water reasonably local, and not in bandit country,probably yes, provided I had full confidence inand support from the sec/commitee.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Not in bandit country.

From that answer I would have to surmise that your answer is no then Ed. You either do it or you don't.

E

EC

I would do it if the water was in one area/s but not in another, simple!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Sorry Ed.

It's not that simple mate. "If only".

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Eddie, same thing with the baliffon the bike happens in Tring. He does it every evening, well in the summer anyway and The Tring Anglers have A LOT of day ticket stretch water. He seems to manage it alrite and always stops for a 5/10 minute chat. and its not all one straight line, up and downs arms etc which can be fairly long.

E

EC

For me it is simple mate, Club sec says "Eddie will you collect day ticket money for the club?"

Venue X......I willcollect

Venue Y ......I won't

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Okay then Ed.

You are collecting Day Ticket money on Venue X because it has never been known to have any problems with thugs. Guess what Ed? There are a lot ofbailiffs who think that way.

Then one day as you/he is walking along happilly chatting with the anglers and collecting the dosh in the bright afternoon sunshine, you come across what you think is a decent looking angler, and you ask him if he has a day ticket. He might answer you, but then again he might not. So you ask him again.

He gets up from his box and tells you to do one as he puts his foot up your arse. You have the support from your club. You can get police assistance whithin minuits.

But you know something Ed? You will also decide that you don't want to do it anymore, because you found out the hard way that things aren't as easy as you once thought they were.

E

EC

I never said or thoughtthat itwould be easy, I just reserve the right tocollect money when and where I see fit.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I just reserve the right tocollect money when and where I see fit.

That kind of attitude is no good to anybody mate. The option is easy enough. You either do it or you don't. You don't fit the criteria. Sorry Ed, You would be no good to me.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know that the bailiffs up here do not stand for any crap from anyone. But I do know that,s a hard job to do, as they are in the front line so to speak. Also sourly theyhave got to take the bad with the good.? But my mian point is if we had no bailiffs were would fishing as a whole would be.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P S if your a bailiff then part off you job is to collect the money. As this is part of the job.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Eddie seems to think we are on Bait Box.

The point that I am trying to establish is that, is Day Ticket Money and the collecting of it worth the trouble that it can and does cause? Is there a better option than haveing a water as a Day Ticket Water?

In other words, would that Day Ticket stretch be of better service to the public as a club run water? NOT BOTH. If you want to fish that particular water, you join the club.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Eddie. Sorry mate it seems to me that you,r not cut out for this type of job. Try the buses mate;As I hear that its your 19th year to-day./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

But to get back to the point, bailiffing is not a job I would do. To much walking,out in all types of weather,hustle,etc etc.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Baz (Angel of the North) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

"In other words, would that Day Ticket stretch be of better service to the public as a club run water? NOT BOTH. If you want to fish that particular water, you join the club."</blockquote>
It would providing the club was open to all with NO waiting list -- Not much point if you had to wait 2 years before you could join and fish it .....