Rig Foam

B.JOHN

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow anglers!

Thinking of using rig foam to help presentation and prevent snags etc.

Was wondering best way to attach my pva mesh bags to the hook length bearing in mind the 'hair rigged' hook will be inside the foam!

Cheers

B.JOHN

Reaction score
Ah yes!!!

I follow you Gaz i got a long bait needle with the Korum funnel web kit.It all makes sense now.

Cheers gonna have a blast tomorrow its give minus 4 round here tonight so could be a tough call tomorrow

But as they say "He who dares........." /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

gazh

Reaction score
yep thats the type, do you tie a swivel or just tie a loop at end of hooklink, i tie a loop makes it easier to pull thru pva without making to much damage

have fun mate don't forget your thermals /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

gaz

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
B.John why not try like this

Simple andtangle proof
Picture033.jpg

B.JOHN

Reaction score
Yes even better Ian never thought of that one cheers!

gazh

Reaction score
ian have you put a knot on hook or just used shrink tube

thx

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Ok Guys

Matt the metal ring is what is called a claw or ring rig. When the carp feels the hook pricking its mouth the first thing it trys to do is eject the bait. The ring allow the bait to quickly get out of the way and ensures the hook gets a better hold.

The ring is tied onto the hair so is a fixed lenght but the ring can slide up and down the hook shank.

gazh there is a 6 turn water knot under the heat shrink kicker. you need the knot or the rig will slip and not hold. The heat shrink makes the hook turn in very agressivly in the fishes mouth.

The PVA bag in the photo was tied first with about 10 10mm baits and asnall amount of pellets. I then took a baiting needle and put it through two 10mm baits on the outside of the bag. Simple

Tight Lines Ian G