Gutted

webo

Reaction score
Had a pb pike at 25lb15oz the other day chuffed to bits/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifthen managed to wipe all the pics off my camera/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gifi am a bit of a technophobe and without realising i managed to format my memory card.

Been on google found a site that recoversdeleted images but guess what only images deleted manualy are recoverable.

Just a bit of advice to any one who does the same.

dont take any more pics (as they may affect your chances of getting your pics back).

go on google and type in amage retrieval you can download F.O.C links that allow you to veiw deleted images(you will require a memory card reader connected to your P.Cif the images you require are there you can download the rest of the programe that allows you to retrieve the images costs about £8ish.

hope this helps others even though sadly it didn't work for me.

G

Ged

This is why I have more then one memory card.

Good catch though and you have got the memory of it if nothing else.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I'm glad i ain't a technophobe!!!

Then again i ain't caught a 25lb+pike siince i have gone digital!

Ged's right mate, your memories are what matters.

Dave Smith

Reaction score
I've got a scandisk memory card from my digi (400d). it came with a recovery disk. which came in handy a few months ago when my daughter deleted all her homework! not sure if it would work on a formated MC though.

alan

Reaction score
Dave, ive just rescued a lot of photos for my m-i-l, she had done the same thing.

ive got a small program i could email you if you want to try it(free, i will send instructions on how to set it up)

webo

Reaction score
Dave i have a scandisk card in mine (350d),no i dont think it works with aformated card mate though i cant be 100% sure as i was playing around taking pics in the house the following day (the camera is new) and i spoke to some bird from a company off the net and she said the new pics could be overlaid on the old ones?

S

Sean Meeghan

Have a look hereIf you accidentally format a card or delete a picture it is nearly always possible to recover the lost pics. Don't despair!

Andy R

Reaction score
What evermade you do that webo?You fool!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

webo

Reaction score
Andy R i listened to a *@*#@# idiot thats why.

thanks for trying Matt give you know who a few more lessons though.

S

Sean Meeghan

In fact I think that this might well do it for you. You might need a techie to help you tho!

webo

Reaction score
Sean thanks mate i think it will be easier for me to catch the fish again after looking at that link.

My lads abroad at the moment will get him to look at it when he gets back thanks again though .

Andy R

Reaction score
Not if i catch it first. He he, thats if i can get Townsend out of the peg!! bring on the ice? Feel any better sick note?/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Can't afford to feed those bloody ducks anymore/forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif

I'm moving swims/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

J

Jack Pike BA

Webo dont use the card again I have a great programm which is easy to use I will post the link tommorrow for you , a lot of the time all a fomat does is to sever the links to a file some good advice off Sean there I will have look at those myself .

webo

Reaction score
Thanks Jack Pike will look in tomorrow mate.

Mike you should have done it in when you had the chance/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifnever seen ducks eat whole herrings before especialy when they dive down 8ft to pick them up.they must be cormorants in disguise/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Andy did you miss your chance today./forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif