Article on Float Fishing

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Just thought I'd share this with you. It's an article on float fishing sent to me by a 14yr old. I thought it was quite good!

<u>Float fishing</u>

Hello welcome to my article all about float fishing in this article I will teach you the basics of float fishing. I will tell you the tackle needed and equipment required. I will also teach you how to plumb your swim, feed your swim and hold fish in your swim. I will tell you how to rig up a float and how to cast and play fish.

Firstly tackle this very important you get good tackle now it will last years, don’t buy budget tackle cos it crap sorry to use that word but budget tackle sucks believe me a good float rod is normally £70-£100 look for a though action rod with a really soft bendy tip reels should be of 1000 size a good one should cost £40-£70 shimano sell many great reels at some very low prices (£30) Floats come in many different styles, shapes, patterns, and weight capacity. But don’t get confused nor buy any snazzy patterns stick with tried and tested floats like drennen crystal wagglers

Joey

Reaction score
Some elements of truth in so much as you usually only get what you pay for. I'm not too sure about the rest of it and I wonder if it was sponsored by any particular tackle company.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Mixed feelings about this one Graham.

Good thinking for a 14 year old yes.

I wrote something virtually identical using the very word crap a year or 18 months ago, and you blew your stack.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I can see where you are coming from Joey. In a lifetime of meeting thousands of anglers, I have only ever come across one young lad who is as clued up and as forward thinking as this one for his age.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Is this the full artile? -If so it's not told me much <blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Just thought I'd share this with you. It's an article on float fishing sent to me by a 14yr old. I thought it was quite good!

<u>Float fishing</u>

Hello welcome to my article all about float fishing in this article I will teach you the basics of float fishing. I will tell you the tackle needed and equipment required. I will also teach you how to plumb your swim, feed your swim and hold fish in your swim. I will tell you how to rig up a float and how to cast and play fish.

Firstly tackle this very important you get good tackle now it will last years, don’t buy budget tackle cos it crap sorry to use that word but budget tackle sucks believe me a good float rod is normally £70-£100 look for a though action rod with a really soft bendy tip reels should be of 1000 size a good one should cost £40-£70 shimano sell many great reels at some very low prices (£30) Floats come in many different styles, shapes, patterns, and weight capacity. But don’t get confused nor buy any snazzy patterns stick with tried and tested floats like drennen crystal wagglers</blockquote>where the plumbing , casting and playing - and if i'm starting out £70-£100 rod £40-£70 reel - I don't think so - sounds like some 14yrs old kid has just recycled what he's heard

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I didn't say why I thought it was rather good.....

And Baz, I can't remember that one so you'll need to remind me. I should remember though, as I don't 'blow my stack' very often.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I didn't say why I thought it was rather good.....</blockquote>

Let us have it then Graham. You've kept us in suspense for long enough!

Was he/she Polish?

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i can't see nothing wrong wth it ,seems like good advce what there is ,i'd liked too of read the whole thing ,and for a 14year old to even of sent a article on fishing in ,is in itself a good achevement .

i for one don't give a stuff about punctuation or spelling (after all isn't it the editors job to deal .with such things ~ ie make it pressentable for publication) I think so long as its understandable and well thought out ,pressentation is a secondary thing.its good just too have a teenager so involvled in angling too take the tme too write a article On paper or electronic form rather than painting there thoughts on walls with spray paint .so what if its all been seen before ,its bound to be new to someone ! each generation needs to learn how things are done ,we can't all be jaded seen it all's ,done it all's can we .so even if it is simular too other articles (ok ,so long as its not a word for word plagerised copy of someone else's work) .I think juiours should be encouraged to take a more active role in angling.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I thought it was good because I have a 13 year old grandson who is of a similar mindset, as all early teenagers are.

One week he's building his own website, another week he's writing his biography, a week later he's writing code to make the best Playstation game ever, and every week he's says that as soon as he's old enough to drive he's going to buy a

Suburu

Range Rover

Lexus

Porsche

etc, etc.

So far he hasn't given any thought to how he's going to earn a living, other than be a train driver or a trucker or a professional footballer.

E

Evan Mole aged 13 and 3/4

Deer Mizter Marzdin

I yam a b1g fan of yorz and can I plz hv a suppermrkit sweep go in yr aircraft hangr of expnsive barbel rodz n stuff if I write n articl abt quantum mchankicks for yr organ ?

Yorz

Not Evan NotMightyAtAll,

honest,

just a small cute and deserving youngster.... /forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Suburu

Range Rover

Lexus

Porsche

etc, etc.

HA!

HA HA!

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Been playing foot ball on grandads drive if you ask me!

Well to the young man who writes the excellent articles, well done young man!

DONT BE SUPRISED IF THEY APPEAR WITH SOMEONE ELSES NAME ON!

I sent a brilliant article in called "Super market baits pt1. How to spod mushy peas!".

This will appear soon with HIS name on....and then it will be a Bentley on the drive with all the rest of the cars I can tell you!

Something must be done!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Get him to chuck all that nonsense in Graham, let him go fishing instead.

Graham.

The article concerned was the "Argos" thread.

You took that one off. But another was started very soon afterwards. If you search "Argos", you will see the other thread which begins with Nigel saying, "Let's see how long this one lasts"

My point is that what I wrote on the thread that was taken off, was identical even to useing the word crap, as the youngster who sent you that letter did. Quite amazing really.

Yes, I realise Argos were advertiseing on this site at the time, but as I said in my letter, you can't fool or palm kids off with cheap gear these days. They would sooner have the money and buy second hand top of the range tackle off e-bay.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

HERE is where the discussion carried on Graham 4th post down from Nigel. Followed by your post, still steaming. (-;

You made it sound as though I was deliberately slagging Argos off, which I wasn't. I was merely giveing a view of how I thought youngsters of today thought. The letter sent to you by the 14 year old sort of validifies what I said.

The problem with these key boards, is that they print one thing, but mean something totally different when it appears on a monitor.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Nigel, very often posts or complete threads get deleted due to the way they were worded rather than what was said.

There is no bar on FM regarding constructive criticism, whether that criticism is of FM, me personally, a manufacturer or a retailer.

But if that criticism is seen as being unfair, offensive, or out of order in any other way, and the critic is unable to take a hint, then very often moderators are left with no alternative.

Let's hope this new thread can remain.</blockquote>
What I said above still stands and bears no relation whatsoever to thecontext ofmy first post on this thread.

W

Wolfman Woody

Well, all that I can say is that If I'd turned that piece in to our headmaster when I was 11 (not 14) I'd have received two strokes of the cane.

Honestly, and I'm not just refering to grammar, punctuation, capital letters starting sentences, but, let's see part 2 first.

B

Bill Cox

Its a pleasure to see a youngster who can string more then two words together, let alone two sentences. He's having a go that should count for something.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

That's right Graham.

The letter you recieved and the one on the Argos thread are completely different issues.

All I was sayi.... nahhh let's just forget it.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
hes speaks a bit of truth, if you buy something cheap you normally end buying a better one anyway and not using the first one.