Holidays in North East

M

Matthew White

Does anyone know anywhere in the NE that do fishing breaks. Iv been looking for somewhere to spend a few days in the summer but they are all miles away.
I dont mind camping or paying for accomodation.
I would just like to get away from everythimg for a while when the weather finally warms up.

D

Davy North

Matthew

I thought people took holidays to get away from our region :0)

There's a camp site in Amotherby near Malton that I've heard is OK with a few ponds on site.

D

dave morton

Matthew,
There's plenty of guest house's in the area - thirsk would be a good location to stay with ready access to the swale,ure ,tees for the chub and barbel and Woodlands lakes -Carlton Minniot is 3 miles away. Email me with details of what your looking for in the way of fishing and I'll try to point you in the right direction.
Anywhere in York would give access to loads of carp pools and the Ouse.
Don't forget it takes a bit longer to warm up up here!

M

Michael Hall

I hear that the tackle shop on site at Carlton Minniot has been broken into, they took boxes, footplats, floats, groundbaits, clothing, rods, hooks, the lot and even the fag machine! Apperntly so I was told today! But how did they get into the complexe?

D

Dave Dolecki

Hi matthew I own a holiday home on the east coast. with the mere 50 yards away plenty of fish i.e. carp,tench,roach,bream,chub etc
or you can try sea fishing 100 yards away
nice and relaxing.

M

Matthew White

Hello Dave (Dolecki)
Your holiday home sounds ideal mate- could you please send me some more info about it?

Cheers

Matthew

D

Dave Dolecki

Hi matthew the holiday home is 6 to 8 berth static caravan,3 bedrooms with all mod cons.
great place for fishing, its situated at TUNSTALL nr WITHERNSEA.
you can fish every day at the mere on site
all good site facilities.
or try sea fishing on the coast.
please e. mail if you need more info

R

Ross Turner

Try northumbria water,they have various fishings some day ticket/some free waters in the north east & they publish a guide.
There are plenty of B&Bs,campsites in the area.
Keep a check in angling press.

J

John Hepworth

Nothumbria Water , as far as I know only offer one coarse water,all their "Premier Fisheries" are trout. Ferryhill & District AC offer a weekly ticket for anyone living 50 miles or more outside the area.They have fishing on the R Swale, Wear, Tees and Tyne and if you like small stream fishing, Bedale beck.

J

John Hepworth

Forgot to mention,when the CSG held a get together in Durham a few years ago, The Avenue pub at Shincliffe, where most stayed for B&B, kept the bar open till 5-45am!!

ne fishing

Reaction score
There are many organised angling holidays in the region if that is what you after especially up and around river till for salmon fishing.

If you need any more help drop me an email and I will see what can be done.

Regards,
Ne-Fishing

G

Geoff Cowen

There is a nice Camping and Caravan site at Beilby near Pocklington it's just off the A1709 Hull road from York. It has a 6 acre lake with lots of Carp, Bream and Tench. I?ve had several 100 lb bags of Carp last year the biggest fish around the 12lb mark although larger fish are present I haven't had the luck to get into one yet. Bream and Tench go to around the 6lb mark. It's a nice looking lake with pegs well spaced out. No children are aloud so it's very quiet.
Tel No. 01759 318100.