Loch Fitty ????

T

Trev 2

Can anyone enlighten me as to what's happening at Fitty. I've seen in one of the Game Mags that the place is closed, "until further notice" due to argulus and lack of anglers, but I have just heard on the local grapevine that the place has been taken over by a coalmining outfit who are going to opencast the area.

Any ideas which is correct???

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trev. Loch fitty has being closed for the past two years. Due to oxygen content and acidic levels to high.and my take a further two years before fishing starts again.

T

Trev 2

Thanks Jimmy

I used to fish it a three or four of times a year, mainly fly, but at least once year about half a dozen civvies (fairly (ir)regular fishermen) used to get up to a dozen of the lads, from the army unit I worked for, out to try a bit of a fish-in, using our spare kit, when it went "any method". Hopefully at least a couple of these have kept it up.

It seemed to going downhill a bit the last time I went, with very few fish coming out and the ones that did were not too hot.

Seems I,m going to have to find somewhere else in Fife to skive off

Trev

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trev. If you are coming up north, then try Loch Ard,Loch Katrine, Loch Venachar, Loch Lubnaig, Loch Vail, Loch Earn and Loch Tay, as they are all in a 50 mile rad, and quite good game fishing in them all at the summer time mate.