Childhood dream!!

bazzab

Reaction score
Hi all. Hope this is in correct section.

Well today i achieved a childhood dream. Sad i know, but when i fished as a youngster all i ever wanted to do was own a conti style box and a pole and spend the day sat catching roach. I could never afford any of them so always drooled over them in tackle shop.

Today i achieved it. Sat on my Fox match box with my Shakespeare pole in my hand. I pulled loads of lovely roach and some stunning skimmers. The stoooopid smile is going to be glued to my face foe ages.

I know its daft but man alive was it good. Better than id ever hoped.

Even got me pal to take pic for me.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

photo-9.jpg

Now to get me a better pole and lots of experience and join some matches.

B

Berty

Superb!.......i enjoyed sharing that with you.

My childhood dream (fishing) was to catch a pike, i can remember the float running across the surface now, 45yrs later! :)

bazzab

Reaction score
Berty said:

My childhood dream (fishing) was to catch a pike, i can remember the float running across the surface now, 45yrs later! :)

Thank you mate. Its crazy hey but fantastic. Ill remember that today for a long old time me thinks.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like you had a fantastic day :thumbs:

Nothing daft about it, achieving a childhood dream is always going to be great :)

chav professor

Reaction score
Its great that fishing keeps the inner child nurtured - and even makes dreams come true! I love the accessory tray!!!!! every thing is just to hand..... just like how the real grown ups fish!!!! I remember holding match anglers studying their floats with great reverence. I want one!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score

That pike float running across the surface still does it for me every time, too many years later than I care to remember!

dannytaylor

Reaction score
i can relate to that. I think fishing is one of the few pastimes where childhood dreams burn on long into adulthood, long may this continue :w