is funding for the ATr gonna rely on the likes of sport england/lottery

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
is the ATr inability to promote individual membership, going to increase reliance upon funds from the lottery, quangos etc
if this is the case, will their influence and terms of conditions be beneficial to our sport, or the angler himself
will the inability of anglers to join as individuals, increase appointments and lessen democracy

or

as the ATr cant motivate individuals, will they say its not their own inability, but because anglers are always apathetic, so we'll crack on without 'em, and do wot we think is right to gain funding first, and actions second

that last bit sort of sounds vaguely familiar, but difficult to pin down exactly where from

anyways opinions please chaps, and as always, shoot from the hip and aim for the eyes

Terry D

Reaction score
I blame ourselves as anglers, well at least the apathetic ones. Some always want their fishing on a plate for the bare minumum cost (not really tarring everyone with the same brush here). Some just can't see the wood for the trees and fail to realise exactly what the AT are doing for us as anglers and for our sport. They badly need our support to carry on the great work that they do and they're just not getting it. If you want to go fishing then you should support the AT. They are fighting for you and me, as nobody else is fighting for anglers and their rights. And yes I'm an individual member.