Hardy match rod

R

ROBO

Hi can any member help me out , Ive got a Hardy Favourite Graphite Match Rod in 3 sections and iam sure its 14ft , Can any member tell me how old the rod is as i might sell it , As for the rod it has a small chunck out of the corkhandle which was done by a blo-dy mouse and the rod baghas got some holes at the bottom other than that its in good condition for its age also its got the Hardy makers name where the cork handle is and its still in its plastic , Help Help ,,

L

Laurie Harper

Why not ask Hardy's? They're still going strong - have just introduced a new and rather fine looking range of match rods (the Marksman models, which have been well reviewed).

R

ROBO

Hi laurie ive been on Hardy,s web site and they carn,t find out much about the rod thanks for your concern

John Green 5

Reaction score
Robo,

What colour whippings has it got and what type of rings are on it ? Just read your post and i might be able to help.

R

ROBO

Hi John greeb 5 As i posted a thread about a Hardy favourite match rod your the second one that,s replied to the thread , i sent Hardy a email about the rod and they could not find anything about it ,as for the rod i think it might be over 25 years old and as for the whippings the colour is purple and the rod rings seem to be longer than the average match rod thanks for you kind help

ROBO

John Green 5

Reaction score
During the 80`s i worked in the tackle trade and the shop that i worked in stocked Hardy tackle.

I can remember the model ofrod that you have i think !! It was a carbon grey blank with purple whippings and black chrome unlined rings. We used to sell them for about £120 i think. We didnt sell many because at that time they were up against the "new" Shakespeare Mach 2 Boron, the Daiwa Matchlites - brilliant spliced tip rod, and the Daiwa Black Shadow and the DAM Quickstick.

I did have a go with a 13` spliced tip Hardy rod , stick float fishing on the Trent and found it to be a nice rod.

Hope this helps. Out of interest is yours a spliced tip version ?

R

ROBO

Hi John iam sure my Hardy favourite match rod is spliced tip and the rod length is 14ft , would you know if they made a 13ft match rod and a 14ft also why ask if its a spliced tip ? thanks robo

John Green 5

Reaction score
Hi Robo,

They did make a 12` and13` version but i cant remember seeing a 14` one. If your rod is 14` spliced tip i may be interested if your selling. You should be able to tell if its got a spliced tip as the last 2` or so of the rod will be very fine and a section of solid carbon will be jointed into the rod. The join will be covered by one of the whippings but should still be visible. Cheers