Favorite time of year.......

bigchub

Reaction score
Due to suffering an epileptic seizure at the start of July it looks like my summer fishing is already over before its began. I really did my back in, and broke my nose but a least I still have the autumn and winter to look forward to. Whats your favorite time of year to be out on the bank and why. Its got to be winter chubbing for me and I's be more than happy to just fish the winter every year.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Hope you recovery is swift.

Its a ticky one this, i used to think it was the autumn, the shortening days and cooling weather seemed to be a trigger to all fish and they began to feed in earnest before the impending winter, couple this with the backdrop of the british countryside in its autumn colours and it truly is a wonderful time to be by the water. However as ive got older i cant pick one season over another they all have there charms and i look forward to the differing styles of fishing and there associated species which the yearly changes bring. Spring now is all about Tench, Carp and Bream. The summer months are devoted to Eels and Crucians. Autumn and winter and my thoughts turn to Pike, Perch, Roach and Chub. Fishing like the seasons is too diverse to choose one over the other. :w

BarryC

Reaction score
Hope you get back on the bank soon.
Still using those freesperits but hav'nt yet found a double figure bream with them yet.
Had my first proper winter after pike last year and can't wait for the frosts to arrive.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I'm the same as Danny.

This summer I have been catching some monstrous tench and I am waiting for the bream to properly switch on.

Early autumn I will be after the barbel as well as a big perch and some big Stillwater roach I've been put onto.

Winter will be taken up after chub and roach on an intimate Yorkshire river.

Spring I will be after big perch again and then onto a new Stillwater for its bream.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
For me it's summer

to be on the bank as the light fades yet it's still warm (and wet this year) and to watch the fish take the bait of the top

or the simple pleasure of sitting out under a sunset and then hte lines pulls tight and off it goes

Bluenose

Reaction score
Hope you're better soon mate, like you, late autumn/winter.... I prefer that to anything.... a nice dawn in summer comes close, but not close enough.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Wishing you a speedy recovery BC
I enjoy all the seasons for their different challenges with most species on the radar, although some obviously at different times. One challenge that gave me most satisfaction back in the mid 90’s was completing the capture of a tench in every calendar month of the year (although not all in the same year and two years after my son ).
Jerry

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Winter for me...dont know why but I've always preferred that time of year. Probably because winter to me means roach [and lately] zander. Next favourite would be spring/early summer for my trout & tench.

Really dont like Autumn at all. I cannot bear fishing through leaf !

Reaction score
Thats happened to me. Since april 2011 ive had about 6 or something seizures and ive gone from being an electrician to not having a job and not being able to drive. Completely messed things up. But im like Lord Paul, cant beat sitting by the water in the summer.:)

maceo

Reaction score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bigchub.

My favourite season for fishing is normally this sort of time - July & August - but at the other end of the day from Lord Paul.

I love being out on the bank at 5am on a bright, fresh summer morning when everyone else is still sleeping and things are totally quiet and peaceful apart from the sounds of nature.

Winter days are too short for a really good session I find.