Fold-Up Boats...where can I buy?

C

Cliff Hatton 2

Anybody know of a fold-up boat stockist in the south east?

Ta,

Cliff

C

Cliff Hatton 2

Did you have that one primed and ready to go, Merv?!

Trisantona

Reaction score
Nice one Merv /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif. Cliff ,before buying any boat you need to do a lot of homework,is it going to do the job you want, are you going to need a licence (in which case you'll need insurance ),how often will you be able to use it, can you manage on your own,these are just a few of the questions you need to adress,there are a few very experienced boat anglers on this site ,( i am not one ),but you may get more info from the boating threads of pike and predators. Portaboats are quite expensive but can get you to places that others can't, but any boating mistakes are going to cost.!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cliff Hatton 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Did you have that one primed and ready to go, Merv?!</blockquote>
I did actually Cliff, saw it a couple of days ago when looking to make one for the grand-daughter. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

The best I've seen are the Porta-Botes. Web site of the UK importer is here

IntraMore Ltd
15 Cooke Close,
Lowestoft,
Suffolk NR33 7NW
Tel/Fax: 01502 563595
Mobile: 07990 554292

Nobbie

Reaction score
These porta botes are amazing, they look a little unfinished but give the guy a ring - he is the sole importer of these and happily will meet you at the quay at beccles in suffolk and give you a demo of the various sized craft. They really are portable and very sturdy - but a little on the pricey side (£1.2k) and only worth it if you really need the portability or small storage?