Shades

Rob Mc Coll

Reaction score
Hi y'all, I'm new to this forum but a keen angler who does not get out much. What I want to know is does anyone know of good quality sunglasses, either flip-up clip-ons or fit-over wraparounds? I wear quite large lenses as I have wide peripheral vision and I find that most fit-overs will not go over my specs and most clip-ons are not bigenough to cover my lenses. Any suggestions gratefully considered. May your rod always be bent. Robs

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Hi Rob, welcome to FM.

I have a pair of Cocoons which wraparound, they also do clip ons, and as far as I'm concerned they are one of the best I've found. They do large sizes.

Cocoon Eyewear

I got mine from Sportfish at Reading but I'm sure they're available elsewhere.

Sportfish Shops

J

John McLaren

Neil thanks for that, I don't know why I've not spotted these before - I can never get decent clip-ons that don't blow off ANDhave adecent quality polarised lens - thanks Rob for asking the question I should have asked years ago - and welcome to FM!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I have a pair and would vouch for them wholeheartedly.

Rob Mc Coll

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I will follow up the Cocoons, they sound exactly what I have been looking for. Keep it bent. Rob

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

Rob,

I have tried all sorts of clip-ons over the years and have never been really happy with any of them.

In the end I had a pair of Polaroid prescription glasses, made at Opti-Labs, and have been pleasantly surprised with them.

They are light enough to wear for long periods and the polarising effect really does work, which is not always the case with the clip-ons I bought in the past.

Rob Mc Coll

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I fially got round to ordering a pair of Coccoons and they are everything I want them to be, thanks again for the help with this one. I also like to put a word in for Sportfish at Reading. I ordered them online at 10.50 am yesterday and they were on my doorstep at 09.45 am today! You can't get much better than that. Keep it bent. Robs