Bivvy Management....Don't laugh..

dave11

Reaction score
It is a bit of a **** post but excuse me this one. i am **** at managing my bivvy with my bits and bobs like stoves etc. i look at others and wonder do i travel to heavy? so i cut it to the bare minimum (wish i had not) and it still looked like a tip. So lets say you are on a 3 day session. The obvious we know but what about little add ons...i gotta be the most untidy angler there is ...:confused:

dave11

Reaction score
Get a maid in ;)

I was thinking of starting up a au pair for fisherman . i think it could go down quite well. !

I AM GOING TO START UP A NEW TERM....'BIVVY TART!

Last edited:

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The first and last time I ever bivvied up was on a 24 hour carp match at a venue near Luton. I borrowed a bivvy and bed etc from a mate who worked next door.
It took me 2 hours to erect and after fighting with the folding bed it was getting dark and I felt like going home.
Too late to decamp I decided to stay on and got the six pack out of the cool box and set up the collapsable bivvy table.
Opened a tinny and got my baccy out and set them on the little table.
Rolled a nice fag and lay back on the bedchair which promptly collapsed at the front and knocked over the table and swamped my baccy and skins, not to
mention my phone.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Too late to decamp I decided to stay on and got the six pack out of the cool box and set up the collapsable bivvy table.
Rolled a nice fag and lay back on the bedchair which promptly collapsed at the front and knocked over the table and swamped my baccy and skins, not to
mention my phone.

But apart from all that, did you have a good night.........:):)

barbelboi

Reaction score
The first and last time I ever bivvied up was on a 24 hour carp match at a venue near Luton. I borrowed a bivvy and bed etc from a mate who worked next door.
It took me 2 hours to erect and after fighting with the folding bed it was getting dark and I felt like going home.
mention my phone.

Just one question Simon.......How the **** do you fish a pole asleep in a bivvy;)
Jerry

Eric Edwards

Reaction score
This set of photos were taken at a 3 day 4 night fish-In at Snetterton.

I like my comfort; I don't like to be cold or wet, or hungry or thirsty and have yet to discover the "prize" for being the most uncomfortable beggar on the bankside!

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/peter-jacobs-albums-snetterton-2010.html

I have to say that I find this quite ridiculous. Being set up like this must hamper your fishing enormously. What on earth do you do if you suddenly realise that all the fish are in a bay around the corner?

dave11

Reaction score
mention my phone.

When people say fishing is boring it's always good to remind them Peter of your yarn it makes them think not boring but bonkers!:D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say that I find this quite ridiculous. Being set up like this must hamper your fishing enormously. What on earth do you do if you suddenly realise that all the fish are in a bay around the corner?

Quite simple, you . . . . . . . move!

Typically I spend a fair amount of time stalking fish so its not a case of staying put in one place.

Also, a lot of the fish-ins are more of a 'social' affair too rather than a serious fishing trip, maybe you should stow the attitude and come along on one . . . . ?

Eric Edwards

Reaction score
Hmm, while you're away from your swim stalking in another, what about those people who would like to fish the place you're camped in?

Last edited: