Anglers Paradise

colin donnelly

Reaction score
Hey folks

Just booked up a holiday to go to anglers paradisefor me my matehis girlfriend and my girlfriend on the 21st june. Just wondering if anyone has been and best way to fish it? was going to have a crack at the main carp lake as i live in scotland and looking for a new pb as is only 14 4oz, could anyone tell me best method of fishing it?.Also i know they have a swimming pool and sauna etc but is there anything near by that the girlfriends can go and do while me and my mate can chill by the waterside without them nagging their bored?

many thanks colin

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Colin, get the girls stuck into Ziggies home brew and tuck em into bed!

I've done it once, we had a great time, the digs are first class.

Make sure you do Ziggies BBQ, he is brilliant!

Grass carp pb on the speci lake (dog biscuit floater). Fish Octopus (?) lake you will smash your pb.

I had a ton of golden tench on the tench lake and the orfe go over 5lb, all on the pole witha1/8 inch cube of lunchwith a 14 tucked into it.

Good luck and enjoy it mate.

Watch out for his homebrew...........it is knock out!

tinca steve

Reaction score
Your girls can walk up to the junction inn in the morning and catch the bus to Bude , catch the last bus back pop into the junction and get slaughtered, thats what my better half does.

colin donnelly

Reaction score
what are the chances of beating my pb on octopus lake? what kind of biscuits? am i better buying bait before i go or the site quite reasonable? would be great to catch a 20 pounder, if anyone has any tactics would be much appreciated also is there any shopping malls near by the mrs is asking?

regards colin

tinca steve

Reaction score
Colin,
suggest speci carp if you only down for one week. Do not use less than 16lb mainline due to the cats in there. Suggest you pickup some baits before you come or there is a tackle shop in Oke. Its all in the posts , how to get there , where the shops are etc.
Do NOT bother with easy access unless you are after a big cat. The Octopussy lake can be a bit hard at times but suggest path side last bay, hard to left hand side 1/2 way along with your right hand rod, and on the tip about 4ft off with your left hand rod .
All the lakes have a mud /clay type bottom with a cover of silt.
For bait i normally use a medium pellet covered with a water based paste the recipe is also in a post.
If you fish the speci carp try just left of the of the pagoda or along the bank to the right of the pagoda , 10/14 mm fruit baits for the carp , there is also the chance of a big grassey in there and of course the obligatory cats.

be lucky
tinca steve

colin donnelly

Reaction score
what sort of spodding baits should i take or is pva bag enough for them? i only have daiwa powermesh 2.25 testcurve rods with shimano 6010 baitrunner reels, any way i can avoid the cats and go for the carp? i have nash bullet 15lb line on 2 of the rods, what kind of rig catches most carp if anyone knows?

tinca steve

Reaction score
Each to there own morespiders , if you can tell me where i can catch 6lb plus golden tench in such beautifull surroundings with about 40 + people/friends from all over the country meeting for the same two weeks every year then please tell me?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Dont take any cat food with you , that way the cats wont come round, and if you see one coming hide round a bush.

Sorry Colin , always in a stupid mood this time of night.

tinca steve

Reaction score
Colin , rods and line are o/k but stick to fruit baits & pva bags, keep away from trout/carp pellets or you will bring in the cats. The fish are not line shy or rig shy, but i do use a braid hook length 8" long on a standard semifixed rig + only 2oz leads.
HINT>>>>> down hill in the morning, UPHILL on the way back, so do not take the kitchen sink.

colin donnelly

Reaction score
whats your biggest from there steve? i cant wait to go as cant catch these type of fish in scotlandand looking forward to the weather as suppost to good at this time of year. Any more helpfull tips would be much appreciated. what kind of hookstrength would you say, 20lb? got all the kryston, fox and korda etc any suggestions would be good exmple pop ups or bottoms? the mrs keeps on going on bout shopping so any suggestions would shut her up.lol

cheers

Morespiders

Reaction score
My son went 4 years ago Colin had a great time, good luck mate.

If your going to have a go for the Cats specifically , useKryston Quicksilver 35lb

tinca steve

Reaction score
Sorry Colin , had to leave last night .

Suggest with 15lb main to use 14lb hook length , sorry old school - hook length should be just less than main so it breaks or breaks at the knot.

The good thing about paradise is that there are so many different anglers week after week that the fish do not know whats coming next , and that means they do not get fed the same thing week after week. As i said earlier please read the posts on theanglers paradise forum its all there.

My best down there are Golden Tench 7lb 5oz. Golden Orfe 7lb 3oz . Blue orfe 5lb 11oz.
Cat 36lb +. Koi 8lb 13oz. Goldfish 3lb 1oz. Grass carp 11lb 9oz. and ratfish 31lb 4oz.

As stated in an ealier post there is a bus stop at the top of the lane with buses going to
Holsworthy then on to Bude. the other way goes Okehampton and on to Exeter.
The fares are cheap , last year a return to Bude was £2.85 .

tinca steve

Reaction score
This year and every year, WARNING, WARNING BEWARE THE WINE.
As said before book for the barbecue its saves cooking a Sunday dinner,and you get a magic glass zyg pours it ,you drink it, zyg pours it again and again and again ,you lose Monday and do not know where its gone !!!!

If you want a cheap 8 day week try the netting week. FREE Fishing in 9 lakes ,3 barbies- 1 you pay for -1 free -1 for charity. A huge firework display -free, something in the bar every night- bingo and the like, raffles- i won a telly 2 years ago ! and saturday a treasure hunt in the forest to find hidden bottles of zygs wine- 19 for me last Nov.