Fancy a job in angling?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

ME ME Me ME!! i'll do it!!

That will make Grenville feel very secure! hahahaha

Shouldn't you have asked first?

G

Ged

Could the job be shared. I>E, I do the fishing and my brother can do the pc bit. he knows pcs and I know (only a little) about fishing.

P.S. Don't expect me to catch much, blanked on last outings.

W

Wolfman Woody

You definitely wouldn't want a moaning old fart like me Iain.

No other b****r does either. I'm quitting fishing and joining the old folks in the day centre.

Deanos

Reaction score
Dear Ian,I feel that with the obvious "clout" that you have in the world of angling journalism, this may be a golden opportunity to offer the combined services of two of FMs most noted individuals, two for the price of one...as they say at the local everything for a pound shop in Pontefract high street.

Woody and Deanos!

Woody would for an appropriate fee run a an anglers problem page. Just throwing something at you...working the concept so to speak...

"Dear Woody, due to the amount of time I have spent fishing over the last year, my wife has left me. She has taken everything, the contents of the house, the dog, the car, our savings the lot!.I am heartbroken as you can imagine!..really love the dog...how can I get Engelbert back?"

Woody says..."First of all don’t cut down on the fishing mate, change the locks, she might try to come back and give you a second chance!...not worth letting that big thirty in the local lake get caught by anyone else after all you hard work for that is it!"With many Latvians in the country at the moment,tell one of them he can have her for a fiver, wait until he bundles her up in a wedding sack, buy him a return ticket with his new wife, pick up Englebert....job done".

I can offer you a slant as regards the World of angling which has often beenoverlooked by the"Oberfuehrer" of this site, a man I am sure you are familiar with, Mr Granville “boilie baron”Marisden.

I have had numerous articlesthrown back in my face Ian.Example, a new spod mix that I invented based on mushy peas and pork pie jelly (Not even Frank Warwick - Deon's brother) is onto that one yet. Also, I did an article regarding attacks by baboons on anglers, which are rife...RIFE in West Yorkshire and how to defend yourself against them rejected.I am sure you know talent when you see it, Gregory Whitebread will I am sure give me a reference (mainly because I am his only mate on here when he comesfor an "online punch up" with the regulars).

Anyway pm the contracts to Woody and me self, after 11pm please Ian as I am off to the Bingo now...

two fat ladies...22!Yours, Deanos.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
How much are we talking here Iain?

For 50k+, a Merc, BUPA, an attractive share option+ bonuses, a very healthy pension scheme, 30 days annual holiday and time off to go fishing (purely for business reasons) andI might consider it?

Anything less than that then forget it, I couldn't afford the pay cut!

E

EC

Deanos don't sell yourself short, especially before speaking to your new agent..................

...points at self!

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<blockquote class="quoteheader">Steve Spiller (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class="quote">

How much are we talking here Iain?

For 50k+, a Merc, BUPA, an attractive share option+ bonuses, a very healthy pension scheme, 30 days annual holiday and time off to go fishing (purely for business reasons) andI might consider it?</blockquote>
Believe me, for what you have to do for this job at times you wouldn't be overpaid if you got that. I mean, look at me now, half past seven on Sunday morning and working
smile_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
What a way to work Graham. Bet your only up early to get sorted before a session on the bank. Will be willing to swap for what i earn now. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Oi!....stop butting in on our thread Mr Marrsdernn, wailing violins wont get any sympathy from me....I want a look in your warehouse shorty!

I am ready for the job AS AN ANGLING JOURNILIST...DONT BEG ME TO STAY OR TRY TO BRIBE ME GRANVILLE....IT WONT WORK!

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
Deano ,i thnk you'd do a great job of running the go-fishing website (+ other e-map sites) it'd be like a breath of fresh air .Inputting all that extensive data ,makng sure all the video clips work and in the right sections ,at least running the forums will be a doddle.

The downside is You'd would have to emmigrate to peterborough though .

Deanos

Reaction score
PETERBOROUGH!

Ive heard of Peterborough!

THEY DONT EAT PIES AND THE WOMEN ARE NOT FATTER THAN THE MEN!

I an staying put, deals off!

S

Sean Meeghan

You're right Deanos - don't go to Peterborough ! I did6 years there - they cant make proper pies and the mushy peas don't taste right. They even fry their chips in some sort of veggie oil instead of proper beef dripping! No wonder the women are so skinny.

W

Wolfman Woody

Granville said "Believe me, for what you have to do for this job at times you wouldn't be overpaid if you got that. I mean, look at me now, half past seven on Sunday morning and working/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif"

Your job's easier than the Prime Minister's, Granville. All he has to do is turn up for about half an hour of Parliamentary Party fighting on a Wednesday, chair a cabinet meeting for an hour on a Thursday and the rest of his times his own. You go fishing on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays (just popping off for an odd hour) and Fridays. The only reason you don't go fishing at weekend is the wife has you doing the shopping with her.

How many times have I rang you and it's yoru answerphone, ring you on your mobile and all I get is "I'm fishing right now, putting an article together and soem photo ... Ohhh!" Just missed that one, graphs together for FM!"

Money for old rope - Yes, put me and Deanos down Iain. Two for the price of one and a fish supper apiece every night.