Guten Tag

nickmonger

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Nick and I live in Cologne, Germany. I moved here 9 years ago (with work) from Brentwood, Essex and am a keen amateur carp angler.

Fishing in Germany is heavy regulated and deemed to be a hunting activity so there are formal exams that need to be taken before you get a licence and then whatever you catch you have to eat (cooking is optional ;) )

So, I now spend my free time making the 1hr 30 drive to a commercial lake just over the boarder in Holland (HSV De Hering, in Schinveld) where you can buy a day ticket for 4 Euro and you dont have to hit the fish on the head with a wooden stick!

So after a 9yrs of not fishing I am now slowly getting to learn new techniques, rigs, bait etc. This weekend I caught a decent mirror carp on Tiger Nut DB Boilies using a method feeder with Marine Hallibut DB method mix.

I now need to invest in a new Rod and reel as mine are about 10 years old and are not up to the job.

Am hoping to learn lots from FM.

Nick

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Guten tag Nick, willkommen bei FM Ich arbeite in Hamburg, sondern haben auch hier nicht gefischt

Welcome to FM Nick

I'm in Hamburg, but haven't bothered to fish here either but then I go home for 4 out of every 14 days.

Last edited: