Ken Ball

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

It is with deep sadness that the National Federation of Anglers has to announce the passing away of Ken Ball who died Wednesday February 20, 2008aged 75. Ken was President of the NFA for 12 years from 1992 – 2004 and will be remembered for his outstanding contribution to the sport and his ever present enthusiasm for angling.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Deepest Condolences to his family.................. RIP

E

EC

Gutted! For those that never met or knewhim,Ken wasa lovely lovely man. The NFA often comes in for some grief but I can say without any hesitation that having 'worked' in a very small part for the NFA for a few years during Kens presidency, that Ken worked his knackers off on behalf of angling. Not full on in your face 'look at what I am doing everyone' type work, but constant, low key'all day in an office/replies toemails at 7am/10pm' type work.

I can't say I knew him as well as some, our relationship was mainly in a work (NFA) capacity but we spoke 1 to 1 many times. Heonce bought me a pint (of Coke)whilst I was on my dinner break in Aug 2000 during an NFAcoaching event at Willen Lakes. We chewed the fat on all things fishing for a half hour,and to say he was enthusiastic about angling is a massiveunderstatement.

Condolonces to his friends and family, a very sad loss to angling!

lynda lythgoe

Reaction score
I couldnt agree more with every word Eddie says...... Ken Ball was atruly lovely man he wasa real gentleman,honest and decent andwith a great sense offun he workedextremely hardfor the benefit all anglers through his own club Milton Keynes AA and the NFAnationally.

His knowledge of angling issues was second to none weanglers are all the poorer for his passing and the loss of hisdepth ofknowledge of angling issues.

Sincere Condolences to Paula and all his family .

R.I.P Ken

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

RIP Ken, you did your best and more than most for angling and you'll be remembered for that.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I've known Ken for just a couple of years through his work as chairman of theBRFC. Ken was a really charmingmanwho did an awful lot of hard work for angling. He will be sadly missed and my thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Will be sadly missed. A hard man to replace.